Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
As promised, my breakfast this morning went like this:

Step 1: Large half baguette thing spread both sides with delicious home-made mayonnaise.

CBPyU.jpg

Step 2: Layer of streaky bacon.

R3gS0.jpg

Step 3: 3 egg omelette with cheese.

bXmoF.jpg
Folded over and placed on the sandwich.
BzhnB.jpg

Step 4: Layer of fried mushrooms.

odxzu.jpg

Step 5: Black pudding.

R8AwY.jpg

Step 6: And finally, more bacon - a whole pack of smoked back this time.

CmU9s.jpg

The finished snack.

Qxpnf.jpg

All washed down with a pint of Colombia Finca Santuario Galpon Typica - made in my new favourite gadget, the vacuum syphon.

wrb7n.jpg

Tasty breakfast :D

I will most likely be posting this afternoon from the cardiology unit.

Associate
I can't take credit for this one, Mrs is due it all.

Pancetta wrapped monkfish with a tomato pernod sauce & oyster mushrooms

We decided if doing again, we'd leave the mushrooms out, maybe substitute for something else. Didn't detract, but ultimately didn't add a lot to a fantastic dish.

Lunch today. Baked eggs with ham and asparagus tips.

One made with hen's eggs and one made with duck's eggs. The duck egg one was the better tasting one but they were both very tasty. Perhaps a little overdone (would have preferred the yolks a little runny).

Lunch for today

You guys got recipes for these? They look fantastic!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just finished a plate of chicken wings which were all my own work. They made them on Saturday Kitchen yesterday and I thought "I'm having some of those" so I got the recipe from the website and made them today. Very tasty - I'll be making them again :)

NY1mA.jpg

Associate
photo03052012223704.jpg

Chocolate Brownies :p

Soldato
Just finished a plate of chicken wings which were all my own work. They made them on Saturday Kitchen yesterday and I thought "I'm having some of those" so I got the recipe from the website and made them today. Very tasty - I'll be making them again :)

NY1mA.jpg

Looks nice. Spicy?

Also - link to the recipe?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That vacuum syphon looks great. Is it good?

Just noticed this post now :o

It's brilliant. You get a nice clean cup of coffee and the way it works is fascinating to watch.

It's not the most convenient way to make coffee and, to be honest, I get as good a cup of coffee from the Chemex or the Aeropress - it's also fiddly to clean but, for pure geeky fun, the syphon is hard to beat :)

DcD

DcD

Associate
Just noticed this post now :o

It's brilliant. You get a nice clean cup of coffee and the way it works is fascinating to watch.

It's not the most convenient way to make coffee and, to be honest, I get as good a cup of coffee from the Chemex or the Aeropress - it's also fiddly to clean but, for pure geeky fun, the syphon is hard to beat :)

Pardon my ignorance, these things have always fascinated me but I've never brought myself to buy one. What do they do that a teaspoon and plunger wont? Are they particularly cleaner or better tasting? Or is it simply a novelty and the ten minutes of feeling like a Victorian alchemist in the morning? I can imagine the latter to be pretty appealing actually.

Surely it must get a bit of a faff in the morning before work? :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Pardon my ignorance, these things have always fascinated me but I've never brought myself to buy one. What do they do that a teaspoon and plunger wont? Are they particularly cleaner or better tasting? Or is it simply a novelty and the ten minutes of feeling like a Victorian alchemist in the morning? I can imagine the latter to be pretty appealing actually.

Surely it must get a bit of a faff in the morning before work? :p

A bit of both really. The cloth filter means you get a much cleaner cup of coffee than the french press (cafetiere) and the theatre of the thing makes up for the faffing about.

For simplicity, you can't beat the chemex or the clever dripper and both make coffee that's as clean if not cleaner than the syphon but are a lot less fun.

Back
Top Bottom