Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
ha those anchovies are enormous! Proper man salad that though, top job.

Dinner last night; Rump steak, king prawns, spinach & garlic, mushrooms and undercooked oven chips. Damn you new oven.
f5b86cfc31a511e2b41b22000a1f9a15_7.jpg

417b6c0c31a611e2b55612313804a1b1_7.jpg

Also, my steak was slightly over for me, yet I did the kids spot on fully rare. They love it.

Associate
IMG_3338.jpg

well ive been testing out home made pot noodles, inspired from someone who mae one on here. ive tried both reggae reggae sauce and the mild version, with mixed herbs, frozen veg, lamb stock and veg stock..

got one for tomorrow ive done a mixture of both sauces, mixed herbs again, salt, pepper, lea and perrins and also added some honey to see what they tastes like with it.

ive been adding kettle water, removing the metal and microwaving it for 3 and a half minutes.

my questions are, is it possible to just leave it to soak in kettle water and the noodles still be okay or is it best to microwave? problem i have is that i need to leave it 10 minutes to cool down enough to touch it after microwave..

also, would you say its a rosk microwaving with the metal on? its a works microwave so dont fancy blowing it up lol

Soldato
That was the intention but I didnt know whether the noodles would be okay or not

Only just seen this (assume I was the member you saw do it :p) - yes, boil the kettle, pour it in to just above where all your bits are and seal the lid for 8 - 10 minutes.

No need to microwave :)

Different noodle brands and types will be slower/quick too, so that's just a rough guideline.

Associate
okay, well i was microwaving it and leaving for roughly the same time but i guess after 10 mins kettle time it will be spot on for eating too as the other was still burning my lips.

ive read mixed thoughts on metal in microwaves, so long as it doesnt have points or sharpe edges it seems fine and a lot of newer microwaves are safe to do so with guidelines such as not touching the sides and so forth.

wicked idea on the home made noodles ive done them several times they are the boy :D

budweiser ribs, reggae reggae chicken wings and jelepeno coleslaw with corn on cob

156711_10152273160500531_668466919_n.jpg

Soldato
Spiced Sirloin Steak with Asian Style Noodles
cgJO1.jpg

It's one of Jamie Oliver's 15 min meals. Honestly one of the best meals I've ever had, soooo good, if I do say so myself...

For anyone interested, noodles had king prawns, corriander, chilli, ginger, garlic, beansprouts, lime, hoi sin suace, soy sauce, spring onion. Then on top there were toasted sesame seeds and peanuts, and on the side there was cress, radish and romaine lettuce.

The lettuce was really good to use as an edible spoon :D

Last edited:
Associate
Spiced Sirloin Steak with Asian Style Noodles

** No image quoting **

It's one of Jamie Oliver's 15 min meals. Honestly one of the best meals I've ever had, soooo good, if I do say so myself...

For anyone interested, noodles had king prawns, corriander, chilli, ginger, garlic, beansprouts, lime, hoi sin suace, soy sauce, spring onion. Then on top there were toasted sesame seeds and peanuts, and on the side there was cress, radish and romaine lettuce.

The lettuce was really good to use as an edible spoon :D[/QUOTE]

looks yummy

Back
Top Bottom