Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
They look delicious - though I prefer flat cast iron to griddle pans for steak :)

Best steak Ive had for a long time. The butcher had them hung for a long time and had to cut off the black dry ends. I knew they were going to be good hence why I asked him to cut it into 6 steaks :D

Don
I always use flat pan too but they do look good

Last ones I did were sous vide and then charred on a BBQ starter with a rack on top, were great but needs more charcoal next time as it shifted a bag in a ridiculously short time

Man of Honour
Best steak Ive had for a long time. The butcher had them hung for a long time and had to cut off the black dry ends. I knew they were going to be good hence why I asked him to cut it into 6 steaks :D

Awesome. I love a decent dry-aged steak. I managed to get my butcher to age some for 50 days for me (mostly because I was meant to pick it up earlier but was busy...). Utterly delicious :)

I always use flat pan too but they do look good

Last ones I did were sous vide and then charred on a BBQ starter with a rack on top, were great but needs more charcoal next time as it shifted a bag in a ridiculously short time

That's my favourite way to cook steak though I've decided that the BBQ afterburner technique essentially destroys a lot of the flavours of dry ageing so my new plan is to use that for slightly cheaper steaks (still aged but nothing beyond 28 days) and stick to finishing in a pan for steaks where I want to taste the ageing effects more.

Man of Honour
I prefer the ribbed griddle pan. Totally subjective, but I find it makes for a touch more tenderness come om nom nom time. Also my pan weights about as much as Dudley.

Soldato
Happy with this one, tasted as good as it looks. Pork belly, BBQ ham hock croquette, pumpkin gnocchi, roasted heritage carrots, butternut squash puree, pea shoots.

29263822634_d8d511b56b_z.jpg

Soldato
I like my steaks rare and it's very difficult to cook a thin steak rare, so what I now do is ask the butcher to cut me an 18 oz (sirloin) steak and then halve it. This gives me two steaks 3-4cm in thickness.

Soldato
My dinner for the last three nights courtesy of the Joe Wicks Lean in 15 cookbook which i got at Christmas.

b241dl0.jpg
Cheeky Chicken and Fried Rice - Nice and tasty

09WXgLG.jpg
In a Hurry Curry - not a fan of curry in general but was ok.

1Z2nGmn.jpg
Cheesy Chicken Chorizo - Delicious! :)

Back
Top Bottom