*** Show us your bikes! ***

Caporegime
Nice bike, famed for changing completely with better rubber. Aprilia really missed a trick with the crap rubber they come on. You're nuts if you bought it new though. For that money you could've got a CBF or YBR for commuting and an RS 125 for lols.

Associate
You only lose money if you are trying to sell it soon after, im not planning on ever selling it so im losing nothing, and it's an amazing bike so worth every penny :) If you only look at things compared to other things you'll never be happy. Oh and i paid £4.700 for it. And i don't want a bike that been ragged by someone else.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
They do look nice, but its all show and no go. :p Once you do your license, you'll be looking at selling it and getting something bigger. Ask anyone on here, I doubt anyone apart from @Diddums would ride a 125 on a full license. :D

Soldato
You only lose money if you are trying to sell it soon after, im not planning on ever selling it so im losing nothing, and it's an amazing bike so worth every penny :) If you only look at things compared to other things you'll never be happy. Oh and i paid £4.700 for it. And i don't want a bike that been ragged by someone else.

Why won't you sell it? If you plan on going for your full test then that 125 will feel so slow in comparison. Fair enough if you use it for commuting and your new bike for weekend fun.

Caporegime
Wow, just let the man enjoy his bike.

Why are people so worried about what other people spend on bikes?

Zackly! Enjoy it dude, you're obviously proud of it so enjoy it and do with it what you want. Don't listen to others ;)

They do look nice, but its all show and no go. :p Once you do your license, you'll be looking at selling it and getting something bigger. Ask anyone on here, I doubt anyone apart from @Diddums would ride a 125 on a full license. :D

Correct! I'll always have a soft spot for bike I can absolutely rag to within an inch of its life and still be on the right side of the law and only cost me a fiver for a tank which lasts me a fortnight at minimum. Seriously consideri g a Grom :D

Man of Honour
Correct! I'll always have a soft spot for bike I can absolutely rag to within an inch of its life and still be on the right side of the law and only cost me a fiver for a tank which lasts me a fortnight at minimum. Seriously consideri g a Grom :D

That's why I'd be tempted by a Duke 390 next year if I get back into biking.

I'm really not into it at the moment though. The OcUK guys all arrive in two day's time and I'm really not looking forward to riding if I'm honest.

Associate
I have a 50 mile round trip to work every day and its about 50/50 town riding and 70 roads, thats what im keeping my 125 for its fun zipping around traffic, and i can put all my miles on this and my main bike for fun rides. Well thats the plan anyway. My only conundrum now is i cannot decide between the gsxr600, the r6, or the zx6r 636...as my first "big" bike, i'd love to go straight for the rsv4 factory but that would be insane. And cheers diddums. :)

Caporegime

I'm really not into it at the moment though. The OcUK guys all arrive in two day's time and I'm really not looking forward to riding if I'm honest.

How's the healing going? Are you fit to ride? I can understand your reluctance to ride but I suspect that once you get out on those lovely roads in your area you'll be hooked again.

Man of Honour
How's the healing going? Are you fit to ride? I can understand your reluctance to ride but I suspect that once you get out on those lovely roads in your area you'll be hooked again.

I rode for about an hour a week ago and shifting in the seat was a no go, it felt like someone was hammering a nail into my knee. I'll find out on Sunday when the guys are here.

gsxr600, the r6, or the zx6r 636...as my first "big" bike

Easy choice, 636.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Rode a grom last year, it was fun and really sketchy at 70mph. Felt like the front was going to go at any time...

I rode for about an hour a week ago and shifting in the seat was a no go, it felt like someone was hammering a nail into my knee. I'll find out on Sunday when the guys are here.
Do you have any major metal work in your knee? How bad was is it? My doctor today said, that my left hand will never function like it use to...

Man of Honour
Rode a grom last year, it was fun and really sketchy at 70mph. Felt like the front was going to go at any time...

Do you have any major metal work in your knee? How bad was is it? My doctor today said, that my left hand will never function like it use to...

I broke the head of the fibula and have stretched/torn some ligaments, and the meniscus "looks weird". No surgery has been done and I will be assessed again once it has healed (2 months after the accident) to see if I will need surgery.

The head has only been displaced 3mm, but knees never seem to heal properly.

Associate
This is my 64 plate Thruxton Ace

NFzFv6g.jpg

Took delivery on Christmas Eve, 2014.

Rode it every single day (Well, sans Janurary to March due to 3 months loss of licence...) until November 2015, putting just over 10k miles on it.

Pushed it into my mothers garage, jumped on a plane, moved to the UK :(

It hasn't been started since...

Hopefully this December I'm moving into my own place with a garage. There are still a few very low milage Aces around, I think I may buy one so I have one for riding here and one for riding when i'm in Australia.

I've been borrowing an MT07 for the times in between, and yeah... it's just not the same. Nowhere near as "me"

Man of Honour
My 2016 Beta Evo Factory 300 2T

It's approximately 1 billion times more capable than I will ever be. I love it!
The pics don't really do the colour justice, the red is actually a bright red/orange fluorescent shade. Great bit of kit.

2s1q7eo.jpg

25qfxhx.jpg

glcb2kM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom