*** Show us your bikes! ***

Caporegime
Very nice, should've given me a shout so I could try and keep up with you.:D

Haha I will do next time, I have the feeling is be the one playing catch up, it's been too long since I did anything but commute.

Did the a591 beautiful road untill you get stuck behind a Citroen doing 30 in the nsl doubble solid white line sections. And then you forget you're in 1st not 3rd gear when one of the tiny legal passing sections comes up and go wide open to pass quick. Tc light flashing, arms nearly out the socket and the only thing to be heard over supercharger whine my demented whooping.

Soldato
I saw this Thursday night and pinged off an enquiry to see if I could upgrade for the amount I wanted. The dealer came back first thing Friday and we were only £250 out which we quickly resolved. And now she's in the garage!

I tested the KTM 1290 Super Adventure again, GS 1200 and Multistrada, and none of them really give me quite what I get from the XR. Happy to be on another one for the next couple of years :)

q7EpMYt.jpg

UMCBU7A.jpg

zYjvDH9.jpg

I was a little sad to see the old girl go - I've had some cracking times on that bike. But tbh I was over it after about 500 metres on the new one!

Associate
Love the XR. My ownership of one back in '15 was short and sweet. Still racked up 7000 miles on it mind!

Glad you gone for another one. If the boxer bug hadn't bit so hard I would've gone for another one over the GSA.

Soldato
Man of Honour
For sports touring I can't think of a bike I'd prefer over the XR if money was no concern.

They fly over the mountain passes here and other than buzzy bars they're very comfortable.

Associate
The S1000(X) motor does have some buzz, but for me, oddly it's never a problem while riding; only after getting off, when everything I touch for about 20 minutes afterwards feels like it has haptic feedback.... Not a big problem though honestly.

Soldato
Certainly improved on the latest model. I’d only notice them after a period of gripping tightly, normally repeatedly heaving braking (downhill hairpins etc).

Other than that there’s nothing - a little buzz through the left peg at about 7,000 rpm and that’s it. Far more vibes on every other bike I tried - the v twins of KTM and Ducati will rattle you numb after a few minutes!

Associate
The S1000(X) motor does have some buzz, but for me, oddly it's never a problem while riding; only after getting off, when everything I touch for about 20 minutes afterwards feels like it has haptic feedback.... Not a big problem though honestly.

Yeh I experience the same sensation on the RR, very odd. The XR was quite bad around motorway cruising speeds when I first bought it, but eased off with mileage. A buzzy motor that definitely settles down the more it's used.

In comparison the GSA made my hands slightly numb after a long motorway stretch when I first picked it up. But even that's eased up now. All motors vibrate/resonate, just in different places in the rev band.

Man of Honour
It's almost like engines with uneven cylinder counts vibrate more :eek: :D
That doesn't explain the s1000r having by far the worst vibrations of any bike I've ridden, and the speed triple having very little.

All the number of cylinders does is it generally predicts the frequency if the bike has vibrations, not the likelihood of having them.

Balancing shafts make the biggest difference, which BMW don't bother with.

Caporegime
For sports touring I can't think of a bike I'd prefer over the XR if money was no concern.

They fly over the mountain passes here and other than buzzy bars they're very comfortable.

Xr is more adventure touring than sports touring I think.

The engine in that whole series is gorgeous though one guy in work has over the last few years gone from an s1000rr to the naked s1000 to now the xr

Back
Top Bottom