1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Show us your bikes! ***

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Electroshadow, May 21, 2010.

1. Fireskull

Sgarrista

[​IMG]

2. Scort

Mobster

:D

3. Draeger

Capodecina

Coincidentally watched LCR do a quick review of the new S1000RR last night on his YouTube channel. He rates it very highly indeed, especially as a super quick road bike rather than a prima donna track focused thing. Said he thought it could sometimes be a wee bit 'vibey' as could the mirrors?

4. CGrieves

Wise Guy

My 2015 is vibey too at specific RPM (unfortunately exactly at 75-80mph in top), enough to give everything haptic feedback after a ride!

I'd gladly give up numb hands for the extra midrange grunt though :D

5. uksoldierboy

Mobster

First visit to Cadwell on the R1,

Incredible place that i can't wait to get back to, Donny first though no the 20th.

[​IMG]

6. Scort

Mobster

Epic photo!

7. uksoldierboy

Mobster

Cheers Scort, love the mountain :p

8. IC3

Sgarrista

So many jizz machines! :p

9. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

My new to me bike. Mostly stock aside from the full Akrapovic system, tail tidy and a few carbon bits. Shame the weather has changed recently, not having much of a chance to ride it yet.

[​IMG]

10. Minibiker

Mobster

@Thomas. PLease. That's a naughty Duc right there... I'd love a Panigale but theres no chance in that happening anytime soon

11. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

I have a full blown erection.

12. Shimmy

Man of Honour

That full Ti exhaust is perfection. I miss having a Duc to look at.

13. Thomas. PLease.

Soldato

Thanks, think I got lucky with that pipe, seen a few others and they haven't blued in the same way. It's a beautiful gradient across the length of the exposed pipe.

14. Crowze

Wise Guy

Took the old Goose on probably its last ride of the year, stopped off at Hunstanton next to an immaculate example of its bigger brother:
    [​IMG]

The exhaust wrap is still a mess, can't decide whether to redo it or take it off and refurb the downpipes. Back home and cleaned up, here's its slightly better side:
    [​IMG]

And finally, cleaned my little winter hack:
    [​IMG]

Not the best looking bike they've made (see above) but still fantastic to ride.

15. djjuk

Hitman

My latest arrival:

[​IMG]

16. famas

Mobster

I'm seriously considering getting a Multistrada, I really like the way it looks. Whats it like?
    Is that the 950 or 1200.
    Only thing that's really putting me off at the moment are the major service costs, especially the DVT motor in the 2015+ models.
    On paper it does tick all the right boxes for me.

17. Crowze

Wise Guy

It's brilliant, been riding sports-tourers for years but they've always been a compromise whereas this manages to be great for commuting in all weathers, leisurely tours and (in the hands of a competent rider i.e. not me) scraping pegs. Mine's the 1200S so the Desmo service is a bit scary (and coming up real soon), but it is at least less frequent than the older non-DVT ones - 18k vs 12k I believe.

18. famas

Mobster

Just what I'm after, something comfy for long distance tours but still mad and powerful enough for those weekend blasts.

How long have you owned yours? any of the common electrical gremlins shown their heads, fuel sensors, skyhook sensors going bad or any thing else of note?

If you don't mind me asking have you been quoted for the Desmo service with the belts changed, seems it varies massively every where I read.

My head tells me to get a V-strom 1000
    but I keep going back to the Multistrada and the Superduke GT.
    Won't be properly looking until next year now so have a while to mull it over.

19. whyscotty

Sgarrista

Have to disagree, they're beautiful :D

[​IMG]

20. Crowze

Wise Guy

9 months, and yep the fuel sensor is on the blink already. Both dealers anywhere near me are owned by the same group, so I'm soon to be £1200 worse off :eek: Definitely going indy for the minor services.

Had a similar dilemma but I just can't get on with the looks of the KTM, S1000XR came close but I was put off by the hand-numbing vibration.

Well I was going to say it's the best-looking adventure bike but that sounded like damning with faint praise :)