*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
These are my two. The Versys is my workhorse commuting bike, the new third gen Hayabusa is currently at the dealer's waiting for me and pulling double duty as an advert. Just had surgery on my knee so while the staples are in, there's no point registering/insuring the Busa and starting the warranty running, but they've marked it as "Sold" and put a "Do not sit" sign on it

CBOqXD2.jpg hbLdY1W.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Been riding a while but never owned a Ducati. Until now! Recently swapped my beloved Repsol Fireblade for a 2015 Monster 821 and I love it! The noise alone from the Termis sold it for me. Also enjoying the much more comfortable riding position.

Recently swapped the tank stickers that had started to peel with some retro inspired replacements :cool:

v5xeCdQ.jpg

FU7q7Iq.jpg

0Mg1Sv6.jpg

uUnT6Ih.jpg

Associate
Lovely Monster, and the 821 engine is lovely. How come you didn't go for the 1200 out of interest, as a Fireblade down to an 821 is quite a drop in performance - though I appreciate bhp isn't the be all and end all :)

TBH I wanted something a bit more comfy to ride that wasn't just another in-line 4 and was looking at MT10/09, but then spotted the Monster for sale and asked for a video. As soon as I heard that Termi exhaust, I kinda fell for it. I did a bit more research and then they offered a stonking price for my 'Blade so at that point I couldn't really say no. I was a bit nervous it would feel small and underpowered but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's bigger than I thought, the grunt is immense and it's so much easier to ride than the Blade. Lazy twin with a comfy seat and lots of noise! Just what I was looking for. Trouble is - if the 821 is this good, I'm kinda wondering what the 1200 is like! :eek::cry:

Associate
Nice, so you found one!

I'm thinking about painting the engine with matt black plasti dip

Great looking bikes. Super svelte and compact. Bet the matte finish isn't fun to keep clean though!

Why not put some engine protectors on? R&G and GB Racing covers are black/dark grey respectively - you achieve stealth visuals and bonus protection in one fell swoop!

Soldato
TBH I wanted something a bit more comfy to ride that wasn't just another in-line 4 and was looking at MT10/09, but then spotted the Monster for sale and asked for a video. As soon as I heard that Termi exhaust, I kinda fell for it. I did a bit more research and then they offered a stonking price for my 'Blade so at that point I couldn't really say no. I was a bit nervous it would feel small and underpowered but I'm pleasantly surprised. It's bigger than I thought, the grunt is immense and it's so much easier to ride than the Blade. Lazy twin with a comfy seat and lots of noise! Just what I was looking for. Trouble is - if the 821 is this good, I'm kinda wondering what the 1200 is like! :eek::cry:

The noise is addictive - when I made the jump from sports/superbikes, it was to a Ducati - and hearing it idle as I signed the paperwork, I knew I made the right call! That thumping L twin just added a new dimension to riding, that made me completely forget the crazy speeds and knee slider scraping :D

Migh have a nosey to see what 1200s are around, before I make the decision on ym next bike!

Associate
The noise is addictive - when I made the jump from sports/superbikes, it was to a Ducati - and hearing it idle as I signed the paperwork, I knew I made the right call! That thumping L twin just added a new dimension to riding, that made me completely forget the crazy speeds and knee slider scraping :D

Migh have a nosey to see what 1200s are around, before I make the decision on ym next bike!

I've discovered the Termis on my bike don't have baffles! I thought they were loud. Ear plugs when riding are no longer optional.... :D

I've also heard Termi baffles can be hard to get hold of... (well that's the excuse I'll be using if I get pulled over....)

Soldato
Nice, so you found one!
Did you get one with quick shifter?

Here is mine from the side, so you can see the difference that the exhaust and tail tidy do:
oOWqJ9u.jpg

I'm thinking about painting the engine with matt black plasti dip
The one i got was completely stock, was a good price with low miles so went that route instead of paying for a loaded bike but high mileage.

I'm ordering a tail tidy tonight and i'm looking around online for the Honda OEM shifter but not many places list them for sale, only place i have found so far is Doble, any others to try?

Soldato
The one i got was completely stock, was a good price with low miles so went that route instead of paying for a loaded bike but high mileage.

I'm ordering a tail tidy tonight and i'm looking around online for the Honda OEM shifter but not many places list them for sale, only place i have found so far is Doble, any others to try?

Is the one you said was 2019 for 11k? what is the mileage?

They sell the OEM quick shifter on Ebay, Amazon and many shops, just make sure comes the complete kit and not the shifter only.
I think the part number is: 08U70-MKF-D40 (but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure)

This shop sells the quick shifter kit, but I think you can find cheaper elsewhere:
https://www.padgettsmotorcycles.com/product/genuine-honda-cbr1000rr-quickshifter-kit/

But they also sell the Super Sports Pack that I have on my bike, I think it is a good deal:
https://www.padgettsmotorcycles.com...per-sport-pack-matt-ballistic-black-metallic/

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the one you said was 2019 for 11k? what is the mileage?

They sell the OEM quick shifter on Ebay, Amazon and many shops, just make sure comes the complete kit and not the shifter only.
I think the part number is: 08U70-MKF-D40 (but don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure)

This shop sells the quick shifter kit, but I think you can find cheaper elsewhere:
https://www.padgettsmotorcycles.com/product/genuine-honda-cbr1000rr-quickshifter-kit/

But they also sell the Super Sports Pack that I have on my bike, I think it is a good deal:
https://www.padgettsmotorcycles.com...per-sport-pack-matt-ballistic-black-metallic/
This is a 2018 with 2k miles and I paid 9k for it, they gave me £3800 for my CBR600F so I paid the 5k on top so I was happy with that.

That’s the correct part number for the shifter, Doble motorcycles were doing it for £489 as a special offer a few months ago so I begrudge paying £700+ for it, you can get the Translogic shifter with blip assist for a lot cheaper than that.

The sports pack is a good deal though.

Associate
That is a thing of beauty! What kind of riding do you do? I’ve got a 790 adv r and a 300 tpi and love them both

Thanks! I think in a perfect world I would prob have something similar. A bigger ADV and a smaller Enduro but alas I needed the unicorn bike so 701 with rally tower is the closest I'm going to get and I absolutely love it.

As for riding I'm currently in Sweden so huge areas of un-inhabieted forests, loads of logging trials and a right to wild camp anywhere has made it a fun summer so far

xd34QHu.png
FN1mL10.png

Soldato
Thanks! I think in a perfect world I would prob have something similar. A bigger ADV and a smaller Enduro but alas I needed the unicorn bike so 701 with rally tower is the closest I'm going to get and I absolutely love it.

As for riding I'm currently in Sweden so huge areas of un-inhabieted forests, loads of logging trials and a right to wild camp anywhere has made it a fun summer so far

xd34QHu.png
FN1mL10.png
I was going to say.. looks a bit nice for the UK!

To be fair I often think the 701 would be preferable when I’m trying to ride the 790 tank off road! If I don’t end up doing big miles on the 790 I will consider the 701 for it’s better off road capabilities! I’m hoping to do sections of the TET but work and lockdowns is getting in the way at the moment.

Associate
I was going to say.. looks a bit nice for the UK!

To be fair I often think the 701 would be preferable when I’m trying to ride the 790 tank off road! If I don’t end up doing big miles on the 790 I will consider the 701 for it’s better off road capabilities! I’m hoping to do sections of the TET but work and lockdowns is getting in the way at the moment.
-
I'm coming back to the UK next week via TET (Map) which should be fun, pain in the ass with all the required testing and isolation requirements but I need to come back so might as well make a journey out of it.

Back
Top Bottom