*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Traded the old RS in for this:

1 former keeper, less than 1000 miles, and a decent saving over a brand new one - suits me fine :)

Unfortunately, the previous keeper put Oxford heated grips on, and didn't appreciate that the glue would come flowing out - so I'll have to remove that off a bit of the paintwork. Replaced them with the genuine Triumph ones I had off the old bike - same goes for the crash protection. Also need to remove leftover glue from removing the fork reflectors...

Certainly notice the difference in performance over the old model - had a very unexpected wheelie off a crest when heading home!

Associate
Been a while since i've posted the bikes up. So here is the current state of affairs.
The SMC-R above looks great, picked mine up last weekend, 100miles in and so far so good... be glad once it's run in.

61-F30-F52-DAAD-4-B06-93-EB-F1-BB792-DF458.jpg

Soldato
First spin out in ages on the orange tango'd German ballistic missile :D

Wee run to Loch Leven's Larder for some of their exquisite hot chocolate. I've added an MRA X-Creen and it certainly reduces buffeting at speed by a considerable amount. I am however undecided on the looks. It's more of a 'function over form' thing I reckon so I may just swap back to a DB screen, time will tell.

Oh.......and I found a MASSIVE flaw with the big K13S today which I've suspected for some time now.......you just cannot ride this thing slowly :cry::cool::cry:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Associate
I've heard some seriously good things about the Five Lochs run. Is that one of the five? I'd be insanely jealous of that machine if it weren't for the fact that I'm finally picking up my Gen 3 Hayabusa on Thursday :D

AT LAST!

Soldato
There’s a photo of it at the top of page 250 :D

My bad, the Three Lochs Run!

https://www.motorcyclescotland.com/routes/three-lochs-run/

Looks decent, nice scenery and roads down there but the local plod have recently announced a crackdown on speeding bikers so I'd be careful and keep my eyes open if heading in that direction :cool:

Wee run out last night on some local roads, stopped for Scampi and chips at the best chippy in the area too :)

4.jpg

8.jpg

Soldato
Very close to pulling the pin on a 1290 Super Adventure R to add to my 1290 Super Duke. I'm still at that "can I justify" stage, after a couple of weeks I can't stop looking at bikes so past the impulse purchase stage. Used to own a 450 EXC and loved greenlaning and enduro, gave up after breaking my scaphoid twice doing enduro. Would like to do some green lanes again and fire trails riding plus it would be murder to cover distance like the Super Duke is.

Man of Honour
New bike day.

My first big bike after selling the YBR 125 last week and passing my test a couple of weeks ago; Triumph Bonneville T120. It's just a little bit of an upgrade and sounds fantastic even on the stock exhausts. I wanted something that could do everything from quick trips down the shops, general fun in the sun, carrying a pillion comfortably and a few longer trips with luggage strapped to it. This seems to fit the bill.

Almost exactly this time last year I got it into my head that I wanted to get my bike license :)

v0lJiFo.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That's a beauty, love it!

New bike day.

My first big bike after selling the YBR 125 last week and passing my test a couple of weeks ago; Triumph Bonneville T120. It's just a little bit of an upgrade and sounds fantastic even on the stock exhausts. I wanted something that could do everything from quick trips down the shops, general fun in the sun, carrying a pillion comfortably and a few longer trips with luggage strapped to it. This seems to fit the bill.

Almost exactly this time last year I got it into my head that I wanted to get my bike license :)

v0lJiFo.jpg

Associate
code.jpg

Hopefully, should be picking this up in a few days, KSR Moto Code 125cc. I needed something cheap and cheerful and I think this will fit the bill. It's in really good condition. Tide me over until I can afford an MT-125 or KTM Duke 125.

Can anyone tell me what style of bike it is? I want to order the correct Oxford heated grips.

Back
Top Bottom