*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
Lovely bike and great colour. What prompted the change?
Honestly I was told I could buy any bike I wanted by the Mrs and rushed into a mistake purchase.

I liked the bike when it was just me, but when she was pillion it was too tall and heavy. I was getting anxiety any time I had to stop and was making excuses not to take her out.

She told me just to keep it and she’d stop going out, but she loves being pillion so I decided to swap. This time I tested a few with her on the back and I liked this one the most.

Technically it’s not as good as the BMW in pretty much anyway, but I love it so much more. Good engine with enough power for the road and very comfy. One of those bikes that’s more than the sum of its parts.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Honestly I was told I could buy any bike I wanted by the Mrs and rushed into a mistake purchase.

I liked the bike when it was just me, but when she was pillion it was too tall and heavy. I was getting anxiety any time I had to stop and was making excuses not to take her out.

She told me just to keep it and she’d stop going out, but she loves being pillion so I decided to swap. This time I tested a few with her on the back and I liked this one the most.

Technically it’s not as good as the BMW in pretty much anyway, but I love it so much more. Good engine with enough power for the road and very comfy. One of those bikes that’s more than the some of its parts.
It sounds like absolutely the right decision. If you're going to get out with your partner more then this is the better bike for you.

Man of Honour
Rubbish, new bike day is always special :cool:

Kyla says it's lovely too. Now we just need to rope in @bloodiedathame and go for a ride, see if you guys can keep up with my monster :D
Thanks. I keep playing the bike down because it was a bit of a compromise and not my first choice due to budget. But I took it to Ryka's this afternoon and by the time I got home I've really started to love it. It's fantastically comfortable, fairly sporty, visibility is great and I can just about flat foot it. It's clearly been looked after in it's 13 year life judging by the general condition and how clean the MOT history is.

DUMQRLJ.png

(there is one advisory on its first MOT in 2014 not shown here but that was for a tyre near the limit).

I've even started to love the colour.

fx940Dt.jpeg

Caporegime
I keep playing the bike down because it was a bit of a compromise and not my first choice due to budget.

Mate if our bikes weren't compromises we'd all be riding Panigale V4s :D

It's clearly been looked after in it's 13 year life judging by the general condition and how clean the MOT history is.

Very clearly, that chain & sprocket is a few hundred quid alone! The rear hugger is also probably another hundred quid too. The front reflectors have also been removed which makes it look nicer. That's absolutely been someone's pride and joy.

The only mod I'd be looking at, and that's because my bike has them and I absolutely love them, is some hand guards. £200 from Triumph but these ebay jobbies look decent for £65.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Triumph did some lovely colours in the past I'm glad they've started to bring them back in the last year or two as well. Proper tidy looking bike

Man of Honour
Mate if our bikes weren't compromises we'd all be riding Panigale V4s :D

Very clearly, that chain & sprocket is a few hundred quid alone! The rear hugger is also probably another hundred quid too. The front reflectors have also been removed which makes it look nicer. That's absolutely been someone's pride and joy.

The only mod I'd be looking at, and that's because my bike has them and I absolutely love them, is some hand guards. £200 from Triumph but these ebay jobbies look decent for £65.

Yep, I'll get some handguards before the weather turns. They look perfect thank you.

I think it's been used to tour Europe two up. Before the garage replaced the number plate with their own one it had the UK emblem on it which is typical for going abroad. The mileage went up quite a bit in the last two years and there was sand still in the top box. The only areas of wear are around the pillion seat and pillion foot pegs. So I think a couple have enjoyed it touring.

Triumph did some lovely colours in the past I'm glad they've started to bring them back in the last year or two as well. Proper tidy looking bike
Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom