*** Show us your Dogs ***

Soldato
Our stunning golden lab Lucy.

lucyd.jpg

lucy2o.jpg

lucydown.jpg

Man of Honour
They are a challenging breed. They don't start settling down into adulthood until around 4 years old, so are puppies and adolescents until then. I would definitely get a large cage for the dog to sleep in - some think this is cruel but ours settled down the second he was put in his. Make sure the bottom of it is comfortable for them and drape sheets over the top, make it like a den.

Mine has been a struggle - he is wilful and stubborn. He's also highly intelligent and learns very quickly. It is just a problem sometimes keeping him involved and entertained.

All that said, he's a wonderful companion and I wouldn't swap him for the world.

Soldato
As Gilly says. We cant stress enough how important a cage is to your dog if you get one. We dont drape sheets over it as he seems fine without. The cats sleep on top of it too so they are all together. Hes only 18 weeks so is not trusted to be out his cage unsupervised....

Soldato
It's great to see some other Akita owners on here! They are amazing dogs, I can't take ours out without being stopped and asked about him. :)

How old are yours, what breeder did you get yours from, how are they around other dogs & strangers & are yours as bone idle as mine is? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom