Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
OP
Just started this, not sure how it'll pan out or if I'll finish it. An absolute bugger to get proportions correct for such a simple shape!

harrier.jpg

and a couple of random Lord of the Rings esque landscapes I've done over the past couple of nights:

landscape2.jpg

random_enviro4.jpg

Spent under half an hour on both.

edit: and I can see why the first landscape might look a bit....funny :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just paint half and do a horizontal flip :p it's what I did for a bear portrait in college - I did only have a mouse though...

Am liking your work Shifty. The first picture especially. And I appreciate the 3rd for the motion.

I was trying to draw a couple of heads this evening... Am just getting proportions down at the minute. I've used Photoshop since I was around 13, but as far as drawing goes, anything other than trippy **** is unchartered waters for me!

I'll post some things I'm working on when I'm on the pc next :)

Soldato
I wouldn't say I'm amazing at drawing but I'm ok if I put my mind to it. Although usually just portrait type stuff. (apologies for the rubbish image, taken years ago on a mobile)
shining.jpg

Associate
There's some nice work in this thread!

As a 3D content developer I don't really get time to actually make artwork from the stuff I build, but here's a couple I did that I like..

More on my site if anyone is interested :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shifty, very good, how about explaining your methods...hand drawn or digital? What tools / brushes / pencils / techniques? Maye it should be, but it's not obvious to me whether your images are scanned hand drawns or digital.

Soldato
do photoshopped images count as artwork?
here is one of mine

mine>>>
crysis2compare.jpg
<<<theirs

also can anyone recommend me a decent graphics tablet, preferably a4 size and £150 at max, may stretch to £200

thread is making me jealous and makes me want to spend money on art stuffs

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's awesome Baz, the attention to detail is immense. Be sure to post up the final image!

Some of the pencil sketches here are awesome! I've always had a love for B&W pencil renderings, something I always avoided as a child was the use of colour, I loved the finished look of pencil alone.

Robbie, I shall post a brief write up.

Soldato
Come on chaps, get off your computers:D

Just a few grabbed off my website...

mixture of charcoal, finger painting, marker pens and acrylic.

3_sailingplacessketch01.jpg

5_lidoconcept01.jpg

5_lidoconcept02.jpg

5_lidosketch01.jpg

6_istanbulsketch04.jpg

6_istanbulsketch01.jpg

6_istanbulsketch02.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom