Show us your drawings/artwork

Associate
Wow, some really impressive stuff in this thread! I like!

I used to draw now and then about a year ago but kind of given up since :( got some stuff uploaded though

Space marine Grey knight Terminator armor

Grey-Knight-Robface.jpg

Unfinished Tycheus Finley

img004.jpg

Fiend from Quake (the hooves are terrible, couldn't get them to look normal)

img005.jpg

My Paladin when he was lvl 60, Lightforge set (shame armor sets became increasingly uglier as WoW progressed)

altheric.jpg

Also used to paint a lot of Warhammer 40k Space marines, did a few still life paintings in college last year too.

Mono self portrait (yes unfortunately it's very emo-esque, blegh)

IMG_4491.jpg

I painted so many Warhammer so i'll post the last one I did, that was my overall favourite
Black Templar Terminator Chaplain

chaplain-final001.jpg

There's a ton more spess muhreens in my photobucket album, not sure if it's publicly viewable but if you want you can try have a look.

edit: sorry the pics take up so much space in the thread, not sure how to resize :s

Last edited:
Associate
I did some WH40k stuff a long time ago. All fairly amateurish. Can't be arsed these days.
Grey Knight 1

Grey Knight 2

SM vs Orc

Chaplain

Stupidly big Terminator Librarian

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Cracking stuff Plunk, I like some of the dynamic poses going on in some of the scenes!
I was thinking about doing a Warhammer drawing, you have convinced me now :D

Shifty - Great stuff with the Knight, glad you went back to it now? Its great what a little extra time/effort can bring out in a painting/drawing Top stuff!

Associate
LOL, well, I look back at these pics and think they could have been a lot better than they turned out.

A couple more...

Gunslinger (yeah, the face is crap)

A Work in progress World Eater (never finished)

Soldato
Some very nice free hand drawings here..
personally i cant draw anything freehand apart from my name :)

but heres one of my digital works

I would love to do stuff like that - I need to pluck up the courage and move into the digital age rather than just keeping it to scanning quick sketches in.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Finally got the first Twin from the Matrix completed!! This has taken me longer than Kate so far! Must be coming up to 18 hours lol, still got the other twin to do yet :eek:

matrixtwinssofar9_1280.jpg

Soldato
Finally got the first Twin from the Matrix completed!! This has taken me longer than Kate so far! Must be coming up to 18 hours lol, still got the other twin to do yet :eek:

Looks fantastic! So what is that? Freehand brushes with your tablet or vectored?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Looks fantastic! So what is that? Freehand brushes with your tablet or vectored?

Cheers :D

Its just done with freehand with the default brushes in Gimp using a graphics tablet. I get the base colours, roughly place them, then use the smudge tool to blend together. I've nearly worn down a nib just drawing that lol

The original is 3200 x 2400 pixels, I've done a 100% crop of his head here -as you can see the "brush strokes" and the technique better

twin100crop.jpg

Dup

Dup

Soldato
All that using a Bamboo ljt? Can you link me to the exact model on their site? I love it, just the kind of results I'm looking for to get back into drawing etc. :)

Back
Top Bottom