Show us your drawings/artwork

Associate
A little something I have done on my dinner break. Think it was after playing a lot of RO2:

gren_render01.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers fellas. After a lot of talks with the other half, I've decided to give up on my mundane, safe career options in management etc and focus on my one true passion, production art. Couple more years left at uni and hopefully plenty of time to get my portfolio up to scratch! That's the plan, anyway!

Lighting is my biggest downfall, mainly because I'm almost scared of adding colour/depth/detailing to my non-reference sketches. Really need to get a grip and really think about things!

A little something I have done on my dinner break. Think it was after playing a lot of RO2:

snip
Haha, just knocked it up during your lunch hour, eh? Awesome skills with the texture mapping!

Associate
Cheers fellas. After a lot of talks with the other half, I've decided to give up on my mundane, safe career options in management etc and focus on my one true passion, production art. Couple more years left at uni and hopefully plenty of time to get my portfolio up to scratch! That's the plan, anyway!

Lighting is my biggest downfall, mainly because I'm almost scared of adding colour/depth/detailing to my non-reference sketches. Really need to get a grip and really think about things!

Haha, just knocked it up during your lunch hour, eh? Awesome skills with the texture mapping!

2 lunch breaks, really quick simple practice as I don't get to do any normals maps at work right now.

yeh lighting is haaaard but once you nail it your work work jump in quality. Don't be scared just play with grayscale to start with, go really extreme and moody then scale back. A 3 point lighting system is always good place to start.

Permabanned

Brilliant, it's great to see someone have faith in themselves! If you can consistently knock out work like the stuff you have posted, you will do great!

In other news, got a bit of spare cash so looking to purchase an intuous 4. Deciding if it's worth the extra from the small up to medium size. It's a fair old whack, but I wouldn't wish to lament not paying the extra in a year or so.

Associate
Brilliant, it's great to see someone have faith in themselves! If you can consistently knock out work like the stuff you have posted, you will do great!

In other news, got a bit of spare cash so looking to purchase an intuous 4. Deciding if it's worth the extra from the small up to medium size. It's a fair old whack, but I wouldn't wish to lament not paying the extra in a year or so.

Personally I wouldn't fancy using any smaller than the A5 size.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the encouragement chaps :) Nice smooth rendering Craig, like it :)

Tablet size is relative to screen size, imo. Huge screens with massive resolutions wont fair too well with small tablets. I use an A5 spec because it's widescreen like my laptop - My medium of choice when painting because I can essentially sit anywhere and relax.

Soldato
Some of the stuff in this thread is great! I'm going to be publishing some ebooks soonish and might need front covers..:D

Soldato
OP
I really like your work, Shifty :)
Thanks, man :)
I'd love to learn to draw but I just don't know were to start. Some very nice pieces of art in here.
Literally just a case of picking up a pencil/pad and start drawing whatever you fancy! I'm sure there will be a few beginner sketching exercises on Youtube or something if you search.
Some of the stuff in this thread is great! I'm going to be publishing some ebooks soonish and might need front covers..:D
Email in trust :p

_ST

_ST

Associate
Here is a sample of my girlfriends artwork. It would be nice to get some feedback from you all as she has only been drawing a year.

Back
Top Bottom