Show us your kitty cats

another one of him, he's a 3rd generation pedigree Maine ****.

Can you elaborate on this please?

Perhaps I have missed something.

When it comes to hybrids (such as Bengal, Savannah), we list the generation number, in the form of F1, F2, etc, to indicate how far away the cat is from the Asian Leopard Cat/Serval, however, in the case of a pedigree cat, it makes no sense to be a X generation. It is either a pedigree or not.

Nice cat though.

My cat sleeps in weird positions

8929_146479071918_512191918_2753381_195387_n.jpg

8929_134481286918_512191918_2645696_1010564_n.jpg

8929_138974556918_512191918_2693920_5800135_n.jpg

n512191918_2490414_4660973.jpg

A ball of paper is the best toy ever according to our Maine... Well, that and the tap.

LOL! We used to lie in bed in the mornings, throw a ball of paper down the stairs... He'd tear down after it, bring it back up stairs in his gob, jump up onto the bed, and drop it on our laps to repeat :)

LOL! We used to lie in bed in the mornings, throw a ball of paper down the stairs... He'd tear down after it, bring it back up stairs in his gob, jump up onto the bed, and drop it on our laps to repeat :)

our cat used to do this with a foam disc from a cd spindle. literally fetched it untill she was too tired to move anymore. weirdly though after months of it this progressed into collecting socks , kids clothers , soft toys , tea towels and pretty much anything else soft from neighbours gardens:eek::eek:

came home from work to find the cat in the kitchen looking quite pleased with herself, looked over to the side where there are about 3 plates that need washing up and thye all appear to be sparkling clean

one can only assume what has happened here but im sure the answer will present itself soon enough as one bowl had rather bad smelling out of date egg mayo and that appears to have disapeared, poor kittys going to have the ***** tonight!!

A picture of the offending animal shall appear soon

EDIT:
2eki1hi.jpg

Shes about 3 months old now

Last edited:
came home from work to find the cat in the kitchen looking quite pleased with herself, looked over to the side where there are about 3 plates that need washing up and thye all appear to be sparkling clean

one can only assume what has happened here but im sure the answer will present itself soon enough as one bowl had rather bad smelling out of date egg mayo and that appears to have disapeared, poor kittys going to have the ***** tonight!!

A picture of the offending animal shall appear soon

EDIT:

Shes about 3 months old now

haha awwwwww :D

Good luck tomorrow morning - careful where you tread!

Can you elaborate on this please?

Perhaps I have missed something.

When it comes to hybrids (such as Bengal, Savannah), we list the generation number, in the form of F1, F2, etc, to indicate how far away the cat is from the Asian Leopard Cat/Serval, however, in the case of a pedigree cat, it makes no sense to be a X generation. It is either a pedigree or not.

Nice cat though.

I now have an answer for you thanks to the missus reading up! What the breeder means is that our cat is 3rd generation pedigree, as in he comes from three generations of pure maine **** certified from TICA - could be longer - (and his grandpappy was a Grand Champion no less) not third generation as in hybrid...

So, are you saying that your cat is a moggy?

If your cat is a pedigree, then by definition, BOTH the parents must be pedigrees.

With the exception of hybrids, both parents must be pedigrees for them to have pedigree off-spring. In fact every one of their forefathers have to be pedigrees.

Sorry to be pedantic.

That cat look a lot like my sister's kitten, Kipper. He is tiny, but he has the heart of a lion. He thinks he is stronger and more dominant than my own 2 cats. In fact, he managed to scare both of my 2 cats away, despite him being about 25% of their size/weight.

Make sure you cut/blunt his claws though. Most kittens have such thin claws, they act like needles and when these kittens claw at your feet/ankles much blood can be drawn. I'm speaking from experience.

Back
Top Bottom