Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
F2/F3 Savannah for me next :D.

Awwww. Thats what I want.

I currently have a Bengal and an Egyptian Mau and I have room for only 1 more. Whichever cat I buy next, the 3 cats will remain with me for the next 15yrs or so (for the duration of their lives), so it will be my last cat for a long time.

The problem with the Savannah is that in England, they are so new, its difficult to find a breeder with kittens available. If you want, you can import them, but then after the 6 month quarantine period, you are looking at getting a fully grown cat, rather than a kitten. Also, due to the scarcity, the prices are very high. Ive seen quotes of around £3k+, per Savannah. I would prefer an F1, though I believe a license would be required, in which case an F2 would have to do.

I recently had my sister's (moggie) kittens living with me for 3 days. They met with my 2 cats. The difference between a pedigree athletic cat (which Bengal and Egyptian Mau cats are) and a moggie is night and day. Moggies are so slow in comparison.

One of those kittens (called Kipper) though, had the heart of a lion and though tiny and athletically challenged, managed to scare away both of cats, every time they came near. He was so brave, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My Bengal (despite his large size) was so scared, he hardly came out of the kitchen for those 3 days. The Egyptian Mau (which is the most dominant), was gradually taking back the territory from the kittens, which were living in my lounge. It was great fun having 4 cats in the house, all trying to get used to eachother. I shall post pics of the 4 cats.

Soldato
( |-| |2 ][ $;14797050 said:
Kitten Shots,

babykitten.JPG

juniorkitten.JPG

Gorgeous kitten! A mate has a kitten that looks exactly like that.

So funny and soooooo playful :cool:

Associate
Angus that's the spitting image of my cat :D

Well here's Dasher!! Almost 10 months old now :D

dudeh.jpg

Edit: a couple more from when we first got him

29012009029ac7.jpg

31012009033de9.jpg

29012009030tg5.jpg

Some lovely cats on here! And awesome photography!

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't import due to unnecessary stress brought on to the animal! These two places are where I'll be nabbing a F3 more than likely, price wise you're about spot on probably a bit cheaper if you don't buy a breeding cat ie they neuter it for you and knock the price down.

http://www.strawbellcats.co.uk/

http://www.teardropssavannahs.com/

You sure you wouldnt rather wait for an F2. They will be more "wilder" and closer to the Serval. What you dont want to do is get a cat and then wish you had waited as the Savannah breed develops and F1 cats become available.

Keep in mind that your cat could well be with you for 15yrs or so.

Also, what sort of prices are you looking at for an F3? I've only been looking at an F2 and the last email I received (last year) was £2k for a male, neutered import from the USA.

Soldato
There beautiful cats Vixen but I bet they take a lot of taking care off with those coats!!! Do you have to brush them quite a lot?

Thanks :). Their coats are actually fairly low maintenance, we should probably brush them regularly to limit shedding but we just comb out knots every couple of weeks.

Associate
Can I just say as a dog owner, got a gorgeous Boxer dog, you can see her in the equivalent doggie thread, but as someone myself who takes photos, there are some awesome photographs here. Well done you cat lovers.

Soldato
OP
You sure you wouldnt rather wait for an F2. They will be more "wilder" and closer to the Serval. What you dont want to do is get a cat and then wish you had waited as the Savannah breed develops and F1 cats become available.

Keep in mind that your cat could well be with you for 15yrs or so.

Also, what sort of prices are you looking at for an F3? I've only been looking at an F2 and the last email I received (last year) was £2k for a male, neutered import from the USA.

An F3 is good enough for me lol don't want it to be to wild:D, 15 years is nothing I have four Chinchillas and they're known to live way past 20 years.

Associate
Garfield with Gloomy
10yqi2w.jpg

Garfield and Peachy

2vxnked.jpg

I have 2 other cats, Kramer and "Cat" who I don't have any pictures of, Cat is just a lodger which lives in our kitchen, and Kramer is feral, he's always out and coming back with half a field in his tail.

Back
Top Bottom