Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
The times frames of them going are both terrible and yet comforting that they both went around the same time. Not that they got on that well anyway though.

House feels lacking in life at the moment, even with a couple of young kids running round. I'll really miss having little things mooching around the house, especially Murray, he was essentially my cat and he followed me around for 15 years.

Its so hard losing them, especially after they've been a massive part of your life for so many years :(

I know it might seem too soon but kittens are the best way to help heal that broken heart and fill the void they leave. We lost Dusty 18 months ago, he was only 8, kidney failure took in in 48 hours. We got Oscar a Norwegian Forest kitten a month later and although Dusty will always be missed, having a new crazy super cute kitten bought lots of joy. Though our other cat that we got at the same time as Dusty was less than impressed :cry: A small fortune in Feliway later he tolerates Oscar now.

Soldato
Its so hard losing them, especially after they've been a massive part of your life for so many years :(

I know it might seem too soon but kittens are the best way to help heal that broken heart and fill the void they leave. We lost Dusty 18 months ago, he was only 8, kidney failure took in in 48 hours. We got Oscar a Norwegian Forest kitten a month later and although Dusty will always be missed, having a new crazy super cute kitten bought lots of joy. Though our other cat that we got at the same time as Dusty was less than impressed :cry: A small fortune in Feliway later he tolerates Oscar now.
The temptation was/is strong but we've decided to be pet free for some time. It's very strange, I'm still not comfortable working from home when the house is empty and I still get anxious feelings around the times it would be feeding time (getting his meds in was a trauma) but in general it's getting better, it's been nearly six weeks now it's unreal.

Associate
Well it's been 9yrs since I first posted in this thread.
Massive Jim is still Massive, albeit 16yrs old and looking old, had a fang pulled the other week.
King Fake Genie Of The Sofa (Fakers) is est. 15yrs old, has no teeth as they were pulled out a couple of years back and is full on deaf.
Dylan SupaCat died at the grand old age of 19yrs.
Teal'C spotted we had a vacancy and moved in, no idea how old he was but he had been waiting for a space for about 2 yrs. He spent the last couple of his years living his best life.
Speshal Genie absolutely fell in love with Teal'C, but gave up the ghost 3 weeks after Teal'C died at the age of 14.
At this point we just had the two old boys, Fakers and Jim.
There was a sad looking stray which I had seen trundling up and down the street which I had befriended to the point that she would appear whenever I would arrive home on my motorbike.
Turned out to be the nicest and most loving little cat I have ever known, she moved in and lived her best life for 3 years.
I genuinely shed a tear every time I think about Princess Betty, she was my baby.

The missus and I thought it was too quiet with just the old boys in the house so we found a rescued feral kitten, Miss Maggie May (Missy)
Jim and Fakers are all "why are we doing this again?" and "can I not just live my final days in peace?"
They are fine with her, but she desperately needed a sidekick.
A couple of weeks back we found a rescued 6mth old kitten, General Martok (Marty), who had been in 2 emergency fosters and 1 standard foster. He clearly needed a place where he wouldn't be moved on.
Missy and Marty now spend their time bouncing about the garden chasing flies during the day, at night they go on adventures to far off places full of wonders and excitement.
Jim and Fakers are finally able to enjoy their retirement.

Massive Jim
1E5Mtc4.jpg

King Fake Genie of The Sofa
tvtGcTb.jpg

Dylan SupaCat
Be4rqqJ.jpg

Teal'C
g4QOll1.jpg

One of the many gifts from Teal'C
MUN3GMb.jpg

Speshal Genie
BoRBt1c.jpg

Genie and Teal'C
PMj10YU.jpg

Teal'C and Genie's album cover
tdfiUaY.jpg

Betty Day 1
BJC4Fcf.jpg

Betty sometime later, she had a thing for going mental in paper bags.
PgdY7mC.png

Betty finally looking healthy and strong.
bIymcFl.jpg

Betty watching me being awful at Eve online, full on backseat driver all the time.
vUMyOs9.jpg

Missy Day 1
NUoqI17.jpg

Missy now
4nJoV0O.jpg

Marty sometime during the first week
Dc32YCQ.jpg

Marty and Missy
rIsh9SL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Really sad and I never thought this day would come. Sky didn't seem right this morning so took him to the vet.

He was wheezing and looked fragile. Vet confirmed he was in heart failure and the best thing was to put him to sleep. He was 15 and we got to sit with him till the end. Poor wee soul was fighting it even though under sedation. Sky https://imgur.com/gallery/jXSCjt2

Last edited:
Soldato
Really sad and I never thought this day would come. Sky didn't seem right this morning so took him to the vet.

He was wheezing and looked fragile. Vet confirmed he was in heart failure and the best thing was to put him to sleep. He was 15 and we got to sit with him till the end. Poor wee soul was fighting it even though under sedation. Sky https://imgur.com/gallery/jXSCjt2
I feel for you there mate -Holly had to be sedated and she put up a good fight which virtually crushed us - she had a tumour in brain so we did the right thing - it didn't feel so at the time.
2 1/2 yrs now and I still had to get tissues out.

Soldato

so sorry for your loss, he looked such a good kitty :(

Soldato
Thanks. He was such a gorgeous cat. Always friendly and would follow me everywhere. Feel so lost without him, he was always on my lap or with us on the sofa, the house is too quiet and his little brother has hardly come out of his hiding place sinc3. He really doesn't know where his big brother has gone.

Soldato

It gets easier. Nine months after Squeak now and I want to keep remembering him. The memories are bittersweet, but I like that. It shows how he mattered.

Soldato
aww sounds adorable my 7-8 month kittens had a large ragdoll as their daddy and their mum was average size but part bengal :)

is it true that bengals like playing with water?

I was warned when I got him that they like water, and I have a fish tank so have been slightly worried. But so far he has not got wet!
Another Bengal trait that I can confirm is they do not like to be picked up.

Soldato
heres some newer pics of my 3.

gizmo 7-8 month old and getting really big, half raggy and part bengal and part awesome :p
B3bPmTT.jpg

elsa gizmos sister and ted who is 17 year old and has heart failure, i also have that condition :(
0kdzpbq.jpg

ted gets on brilliant with the 2 younger ones, thats elsa and ted on my dads lap :)

edit: forgot a pic

elsa is really taking after her mummy cat, partial bengal markings and has a ringed tail :)
iXn0yMB.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I was warned when I got him that they like water, and I have a fish tank so have been slightly worried. But so far he has not got wet!
Another Bengal trait that I can confirm is they do not like to be picked up.
oh i have had multiple fish tanks with cats around and never had a problem with cats getting into them when i picked up fishkeeping again, i did have a problem with fish going for cats though......

had multiple tanks all through out the house between dad and i and if the lid was a bit flimsy (like thin layers of plastic resting flat) we would put stuff on top and some times cats would sit on top and paw down on the glass only to be intercepted by somethign like a bifactiatum scraping the glass with its teeth trying to bite the cat......... or if a cat just sat on top with its tail moving about the fish would go for it.....

i was just starting a water change one day on a oscar tank and one of my cats jumped on it with part of the tank lid open..... his fluffy tail went in the water and the fish bit it lmao it must have seemed like a big juicy waggling worm :p

we mostly kept american cichlids and cat fish :)

Back
Top Bottom