Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
xbbfVl6.jpg

It's the second time I've had a facelift 3 litre engine, and it really is a fantastic engine, I didn't think it was possible to get much smoother than the pre facelift engine I've got but they've done it well. Which is good as the 2.2 litre engine is absolutely dreadful, sounds like a bag of spanners from the inside and isn't smooth at all.

This has all the toys too which is good, makes me realise just how I definitely should have gone for a reversing camera :D

Its not so much the engine as the gearbox which makes the difference on the facelift, the 8 speed is an absolutely brilliant box. My Dad has the 2.2 and while not as smooth as the 3.0 it not bad, particularly in the latest 200BHP version. He loves it, even coming from the previous v6 diesel, and gets decent economy and given the miles he does thats very important to him.

Did tell you about the camera being a must have ;)

Soldato
Most recent one.

A2635628-B7AD-4209-9FF4-62853DCD605E-8542-000007EDDB9FC04A.jpg

Soldato
We'll have to have a OCUK Sydney meet when my 530i is back up and running, some awesome roads up north of the city :)

I'm up for that - I also believe that there is a pretty good set of twisties in the national park south of Sydney - Sydney to Wollongong I believe, call the Grand Pacific Drive. I'm going to go and scope it out next weekend I think.

Permabanned
Probably boring to most looking at the cars on here :D

Not the most fun but it does the job. Coming from an 1999 V Reg Ford Ka with nothing inside other than a steering wheels and pedals its a bit of a step up lol

Back
Top Bottom