Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I took a few pictures of my new car today, had it just under a week, however having covered about 250 miles in it so far it's not as clean as it could be.

9485699865_b8161c7bae_o.jpg

9485699999_1baec1e89c_o.jpg

9485700125_f951a35860_o.jpg

9485700403_74b80a16b9_o.jpg

It's a BMW 320i SE Auto in Montego blue with grey Dakota leather.

I know my interior shots aren't all that great, I should have probably taken them at a winder angle really, still you get the idea. It's only done a little over 12k miles, it's like new really, the interior especially is immaculate, and I don't use that word lightly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It looks in lovely condition but I have absolutely no idea which question a non-iDrive fitted 320i E90 is the answer to I'm afraid. With your car history, despite the Volvo, I'm suprised.

Soldato
I guess you work for Renault ?

Indeed, I had a Megane before this. I'm not really sure which one I prefer. I hated the Captur when I first drove it but it's growing on me...

That looks foul.

Hah, yea the 'Arizona' orange certainly divides opinion. Or is it more the styling?

I don't like it but each to their own, I see loads of kids driving round in cars that colour, I guess you are under 25?

It's free, which helps me like it more I suppose! I'm 24.

Associate
Wouldn't mind a blast in that thing. Very nice

[TW]Fox;24750625 said:
Is that a 14k mile Evo 9?! Wow, that is nice.

Thank you both,

Danny W - Its awesome mate, had a few subaru STI's before but this thing is in a different league :D

Fox - It certainly is, the whole car is in immaculate condition, lovely car, pictures don't do it justice :). a lot better than my previous effort of a motor lol (remember the autovogue BMW a while back, where i was told its previous owner was BMW themselves, or something to that affect) :D

Cookie

Man of Honour
Thank you both,

Danny W - Its awesome mate, had a few subaru STI's before but this thing is in a different league :D

Fox - It certainly is, the whole car is in immaculate condition, lovely car, pictures don't do it justice :). a lot better than my previous effort of a motor lol (remember the autovogue BMW a while back, where i was told its previous owner was BMW themselves, or something to that affect) :D

Cookie

Love Evos but all the tidy ones are M5 money lol

Man of Honour
Everything about that Mercedes looks great, except for the colour of the wheels! Surely they would look much better in silver? The car even has silver (is it chrome, even?) trim around the windows and grille that would match normal wheels!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24750741 said:
It looks in lovely condition but I have absolutely no idea which question a non-iDrive fitted 320i E90 is the answer to I'm afraid. With your car history, despite the Volvo, I'm suprised.

It answered the question of what car to get for me :p ...it fit the budget, it was the best drive of all the cars I drove this time around, the only serious competitor was the C200K.

The iDrive system is nice, but I wasn't that bothered about it really, I wasn't able to find a car with the right colour, inside and out, a petrol engine, automatic gearbox and idrive within budget that was new and unused enough for my liking.

And really the 320i is actually a rather good car, it's quicker and quieter than I thought it would be, actually it's quieter than the XJ6 I had believe it or not, and there doesn't seem to be much difference in performance either. All I would say right now that's negative is that it's a little light on torque, but then I already knew that anyway, so I just press a little harder on the throttle.

Moeks youve had some good cars, but that thing doesnt float my boat at all :(

Wheres the V8 XJ!

I didn't really buy it as an object of desire, more of a practical, reliable, every day car to get to work and that is also pleasant to drive. It's a bit ordinary compared to some of the cars I have had sure, but it's a damn site cheaper to run too. It's a lot nicer than the Volvo or most other things I looked at this time around. It's got a lot less kit than a Skoda Superb but it's much nicer to drive, has a better engine (compared to the 1.8TFSI) and it's a nicer place to 'be'. As I said, the only other car I seriously considered buying this time that put up any kind of remotely serious competition to the BMW was a C200K, but I like the way the BMW drives and looks more, also the interior is better imo, the C class had more kit though and a better ride.

Hopefully my old XJ8 is with a good owner, that was a nice car, shouldn't have let that go really ...especially for that headache of a 540i.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;24750741 said:

Would a idrive equipped 320i answer the question?

I recently had a look at the M135i and despite the best efforts of the salesman to convince me I needed the nav installed in the demo car I couldn't help but think it was a massive waste of money and that I'd rather use Google Navigation on my phone.

How do you find the auto box with the 4 pot engine? I've too been contemplating a e90 but not sure which engine to get.

Soldato
So, the transfer has cleared now and it's mine :D
578966_205584916273286_946773755_n.jpg

It won't land until 20th Oct :(

Still, I've had my head buried in SR20 techno jargon for the past few evenings. Now I just have to decide what route to go down for the engine build. The gt2871 seems tempting, 375hp would certainly go off well, but coming from a lovely 6pot NASP engine, I might hate the response of it.

Back
Top Bottom