Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
How do you find the auto box with the 4 pot engine? I've too been contemplating a e90 but not sure which engine to get.

It works very well actually, it's an excellent autobox though, very smooth, 6 gears and it shifts quite quickly. Of course if you can find the right 6 pot in budget, go for it, if not though, the 2 litre petrol is a surprisingly decent engine, I don't feel short changed or let down by it. It isn't as good as a l6 though obviously, it is a good deal cheaper to acquire though. It's very quiet too which I like, but the noise it does make is actually not typical 4 pot unpleasant, it's actually not bad, it's got a bit of a growl to it, what it doesn't do that the l6's do though is rise to a sonorous crescendo of automotive music when really pushed, it merely sounds ...decent. You can hardly hear the engine at all when driving normally though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, that went out with the E46 I'm afraid. The later version of the E9x 320 actually has a bit more power than the E46 320 had though, at least the 2009+ ones do with 170PS/168bhp, which mine is.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Finally got rid of my silly old TDCi Mk3 Mondeo and got something a little more fun!

It's a 2003 350Z GT. Great condition, in the colour and with the wheels I wanted. Love it :D

120z0Xl.jpg
BfP2g0J.jpg

Back
Top Bottom