Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
car_5_by_darkelmarko-d6swcfn.jpg

Associate
Any pictures of the damage Elliot?

had some for my insurance, will try dig them out tonight,

Paid for Car Friday, was told it would be ready and mot'd today and ready by 2pm as I need it today, 2pm and no phone call saying it's ready even though i was promised it by 2pm, am i in the right to keep pestering them?

Soldato
had some for my insurance, will try dig them out tonight,

Paid for Car Friday, was told it would be ready and mot'd today and ready by 2pm as I need it today, 2pm and no phone call saying it's ready even though i was promised it by 2pm, am i in the right to keep pestering them?

Well yes you are since you have paid for the car, and they gave you their word of having it ready for 2pm today. Give them a call.

Associate
Well yes you are since you have paid for the car, and they gave you their word of having it ready for 2pm today. Give them a call.

what a joke, gave them a call, one thing needs doing for the MOT, mechanic had to go home sick ect, won't be ready until tomorrow morning.

That's why i hate buying used, scutty little bad business dealers.

Soldato
B6, but the 4.2 V8, yerp.

It's due some TLC to be fair. Time for new bushes up front (200quid for a full front set, then fitting) and discs and pads up front too (few hundys) which isn't too bad. I go through about 1L of oil every couple of months, apparently it's normal.
Only issue I've had is the ECT sensor is dodgy, which I have here to replace, was 6quid but a pain (unless you use your kids tiny hands) to fit.

Fuel wise, I think my average in the 13k miles I've done it in since last August has been like 18mpg? (will check in a bit in the car park)
It would be more if I didn't go up the mountains, that hammers it a bit. I drive quickly, but in bursts. So a 150mile run, the first part between 80-110, bursts higher if it's condition allowing, and I'll get 21mpg or about.
When I hit the mountains and have to climb it drops down to about 18mpg overall so hills hammers it.

Best thing ever in the snow though. Thing is fantastic.

Also, doesn't feel like the size it is in corners. Yes, I know there are probably MUCH more nimble cars, but this is a barge. A big heavy ass barge and yet you clip the apex of a corner and plant it and the thing just shoots out.

I want a new exhaust and cats for it, more loud, but I am told by my wife that 1.5-2k is not allowed as that could buy her a car alone.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Or rather in non daily mail pricing seeing as that model is used;

Flying Spur: From £25k
Phantom: From £85k

Same large difference in price, though :p

Back
Top Bottom