Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It's not absolutely abhorrent, though I prefer the touring car esque styling of the 888 coupe - fair play though It's definitely 'yours'. Not sure about the rear bumper, nice paint though! You need to track down the half Alcantara 888 interior next, almost the right blue aswell!

Associate
Hey Chris

I did actually think about going down the 888 route but again wanted it to be a one off, and as for the seats I've had those half alcantara seats before but I ended up taken the bucket seats out of the new Corsa VXR and fitting them instead which was a mission and a half to say the least.

Soldato
Hi everyone, here's mine when it was looking it's best, unfortunately it's been sat outside for over a year now thanks to a blown engine but hopefully it'll be back soon:
[I G]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6197/6136538006_7560439752_b.jpg[/IMG]
everyone goes on about 'oak green' and 'bbm' but after black you just cant beat a nice tornado red ! although thinking about it they came in plenty of amazing colours !

just got my mk2 back on the road last month after spinning a big end then buying a quick and cheap replacement which turned out to be a lemon . now 600 miles in with no issues so fingers crossed ! is better than the 20 i got last time !

Last edited:
Associate
Just handed over the keys to my M3 to it's new owner, I owned it for 3 years and was brilliant in every way (other than fuel economy).

Unfortunately it was getting on a bit and was starting to get expensive to maintain so it was time for a change.

Ordered a new Audi SQ5 due for delivery in March, not as quick as the M3 but still packs a bit of a punch with 300 bhp from the twin turbo diesel, plus the added bonus of 44 mpg and plenty room inside for when the misses pops out a kid.
Looking forward to its arrival.

Will get some picks up when I collect it!!

Soldato
That Astra is Horrendous :p

I can appreciate the effort and time you must have put into it to get it to how you want it.

The doors though, i would feel such a knob getting out of it. Pure reason why i wouldn't get in it :p

Nice colour :)

Associate
here is my old RS turbo. sold it some 5 years ago now. was a beast of a little car.

DSC00178.jpg

Associate
ye i miss it a little, have a cosworth now so that makes up for it lol. was in fairly good nick, tried to keep it as good as i could.

was at a RS show so hence all the other fords. not even sure what happened to it. the guy who bought it was from Dublin.

Permabanned
here is my old RS turbo. sold it some 5 years ago now. was a beast of a little car.

A guy in our street had one when we were kids, we all used to stand there and look in awe.

It was the only car in the street that never got a football anywhere near it :D

Lovely motors :)

Associate
lol. its good see people these days still like them and respect them. i always get looks from both young and old in my cosworth when im out in it.

Soldato
Do you think they could be much better very early morning/late at night?

I tend to be fairly lucky in that regard but when it does happen it's extremely frustrating. As good as the MR2 is on country roads, it does lack the power to overtake on shorter straights.

Tempted to head down there tomorrow, although I'm supposed to be saving money, not wasting it on petrol!

So, every time I go for a drive down to the Forest, I always get held up by dickheads - slow drivers, camper vans, tractors, old people...you name it, I get stuck behind it :(

This morning, I went down there to take Bella for a nice long walk. And guess what? The roads were absolutely empty pretty much the whole way there.

The first time I've ever had a clear run down there and I'm stuck in a poxy little 1.6 Astra because my car is still in the bodyshop. Great.

I would say that it looks like Sunday mornings are the best time to enjoy the roads down there, but no doubt as soon as I get my car back and go down there to actually enjoy the roads, they will be full of geriatric tractor drivers towing campervans again :mad:

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I would say that it looks like Sunday mornings are the best time to enjoy the roads down there, but no doubt as soon as I get my car back and go down there to actually enjoy the roads, they will be full of geriatric tractor drivers towing campervans again :mad:

Give us a shout when you've got the GT86 back and we can head down there for a run and some photos :)

Back
Top Bottom