Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
The brackets are specially made for various makes and models of car, not one of these cheap universal kits, difference being no welding is needed to fit the kit and they all fit using exsisting fittings/holes, which means the doors actually open half way almost 3 quaters normally for day to day use so you would never know the doors go up, and then once opened as far as can go they then go up, which is good as I would have never fitted the kit if I had to get out of lambo doors on my astra at say the supermarket or a petrol station far to embarrasing lol its purely a show piece so to speak as at car shows its all about getting attention, wether or not people like the doors, it certainly gets people looking, although I have found thats not always a good thing as one of the shows I went to at Silverstone people stole stuff from the inside of my car :|

Associate
Well bits and bobs to modifications power wise but nothing huge, its a 2.2 and stock should be from memory 147bhp and Ive only added bits to get it up to 160bhp, its definetaly mroe of a show car than a go car, its 13 years old now almost 14, and milage is getting on abit now at 125k, I have always been tempted to supercharge it but its near on £6000 to do and would only take it up to 230bhp maybe 240bhp.

Have thought about fitted a 2.0 turbo lump but its quite a common thing to do in the Vauxhall world, and again my aim is to be different so don't want to do that.

The joy of modding once you start thats it wether its my PC or my car lol

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Glacious, I must commend you on posting a car that will divide opinion on here but taking any critique in your stride and posting in such a laid back and mature way.

I remember about a year ago some kid posted a leased ibiza that had been dubbed in all the wrong ways and the toys left the pram quick smart.

certainly not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the effort and it certainly looks clean from the photos.

Soldato
Never understood the need to be different personally. I wouldn't want to discount something I saw & liked simply because it'd been done before?

Not a fan of the wheels, the doors (never seen that done before... ;):p) the skirts, or the bonnet extension, but the rest of it I can live with. I even quite like the VXR8 nose... :) Looks in good nick for the age/mileage too... :)

Associate
Cheers for the comments and makes a change to post on here and not get stupid amounts of abuse hurled around, Ive learnt over the years modding car is just down to personal taste. You are never going to be able to modify a car so that everyone likes it, its each to there own so cheers for that comment rjkoneill, and as for the kid with Seat well get a lot of the on the club/car forums, your always going to get keyboard warriors and people showing there opinion and if you can't handle negatives comments don't post it online is my opinion lol

As for why I have done this well like PC's and a lot of people on here its a hobby, its abit like saying why spend thousands on a computer when it essence that all do that same thing. But people want to customise and be unique or get better performance and cars are exactly the same some people just go all out on the engine so its pulls like a train and sounds nice but couldn't care less how it looks and me personally I have always been about the looks and no the engine.

As for the Holden badge well it came with the grill and most people do the General Motors aka Vauxhall or Opel styles and I thought well Holden is part of the same group so lets be different.

I certainly don't discount things that have been done before, but I do a lot of car shows like many other people and if you end up going OEM or doing the same modifications is quite difficult to get your car looked at or noticed when its lined up with lots of others looking very similar, so very early on I decided different is the way to go.

As for the engine well I may start on it or change it but I am in the middle of deciding it to sell up and go down the Monaro/Maloo/VXR8 route.

Associate
Hi everyone, here's mine when it was looking it's best, unfortunately it's been sat outside for over a year now thanks to a blown engine but hopefully it'll be back soon:
6136538006_7560439752_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom