Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Neither of my Astons have ever given me any trouble, with over 40k miles worth of use. They're not cheap to run, parts are expensive but cheaper than Ferrari, though hourly labor rates get painful. In 3 years of combined ownership I think (even if you discount the fact they are under warranty) they would have cost me $2-3k per year each. Now my Ferrari experience was unlucky, but that was $70k in 4 months.

Soldato
Very nice Steve! what's your history been since the E39 m5?

My car history is kinda up and down depending on my mood :p

E39 M5
Diesel Mondeo Estate
Diesel Mondeo Estate & Mk2 TT Roadster
E61 525D & Mk2 TT Roadster

Now I've added the Aston to the list and I need to sell the TT (still keeping the estate though).

I almost preordered one of these way back when, but decided against it - if there's one car in the world I wanted it would be this exact car, and I turn 40 next year, so seemed like a nice present to myself :)

Soldato
Beautiful cars, I prefer that rear end to the new "Lexus Lights" style shading of later models.

A DBS one day, a DBS would be joyous (for the soul, not necessarily for the wallet or mind...lol) :cool:

The clear lights are an option rather than an age thing, they became and option in 2009 but are standard fit on some editions and can be dealer retrofitted onto earlier cars.

I.agree though, really don't like them much.

Soldato
AB4B2599-2DD6-4024-AEF7-216BCED4ABB9_zpsvi5qwenh.jpg

Been six months since I washed the £500 Golf this thing covered 10,000 miles with me earlier in the year cost me absoloutely nothing to run been completely faultless no matter what's thrown at it. Gave it to the Mrs for when she passes.

Soldato
The clear lights are an option rather than an age thing, they became and option in 2009 but are standard fit on some editions and can be dealer retrofitted onto earlier cars.

I.agree though, really don't like them much.

Personally I prefer the clear lights, especially given they're LED. I think it depends on the color though, some colors like yours look great with the red lights.

I feel on my white one that the clears look a lot better (though mine have the black outlining, as they're standard on the 2015+)

I hope you enjoy it, they're wonderful cars, I came back to one after taking a break with the McLaren and the Ferrari. There's just something very special about them.

nalFpOe.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I keep banging on about how I don't like the wheels, however on the red they actually look pretty decent! Hope you enjoy it :)

Soldato
I like how in like the 80s/90s, manufacturers began colour-coding everything on the higher spec models, and now with so many newer cars having for example black bits of trim and, as per above, wing mirror covers, it's like we're going the other way :D

Back
Top Bottom