Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Collected my new company car. It looks a bit like the old one, but there are quite a few differences. The last one was 1.6T petrol manual, this is a 2.0 diesel auto.

This one also has the following which is new to me:

-OnStar (4G Wifi, destination download (via callcentre or your pc), iphone app, diagnostics, emergency response, stolen vehicle assistance) http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/onstar/index.html
-Apple CarPlay
-Adaptive (radar) cruise control and front camera system
-new (and faster) infotainment system

It also has:
- Sat Nav and rear camera
- Heated seats & steering wheel
- Sports seat upgrade
- spare wheel
- electric folding mirrors
- 19" wheels
- front & rear parking sensors
- adaptive bi-xenon headlights
- dual zone climate

Not much missing really. :)

CX92rE4WMAAde6A.jpg

Colour is Darksea Blue which looks really good I think.

/ awaits comments about how big the wheels look. They are 19" (20s are available), and only look as big as they do due to the wide spokes. They look much smaller dirty! :p

Man of Honour
The Vauxhall product life cycle seems very bizarre. The Astra has been replaced after only 6 years in production (Which is on the short side) yet the Insignia soldiers on despite coming out before the Astra?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29018680 said:
The Vauxhall product life cycle seems very bizarre. The Astra has been replaced after only 6 years in production (Which is on the short side) yet the Insignia soldiers on despite coming out before the Astra?

Not everything fits into your neat-and-tidy OCD mindset in the real world. :p Particularly at large corporations where cars are based on global platforms. The E2 platform is looking rather good - there's similar weight savings to the Astra would should bring a lot of benefits. :)

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29018680 said:

I think it is purely timing. Astra is on a 6 year cycle whereas the Vectra is on a 7. Although that has gone out the window as the Insignia is now going into its 8th year with no replacement in sight...

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it is purely timing. Astra is on a 6 year cycle whereas the Vectra is on a 7. Although that has gone out the window as the Insignia is now going into its 8th year with no replacement in sight...

There is one in sight. There's Autocar articles on it an everything. Although there's a lot of basic errors in that article (such as the 'debut' of the 1.6 diesel - which has already debuted...)

Dont forget also that the Astra only had a very mild facelift in life, whereas the Insignia one was much more significant (new front and back end, new interior, new engines, better NVH etc). :)

Soldato
I gotta say current day VX'als look too dated, there's nothing new just same bland astras and insignias.. they really need to do what they did with insignia and astra.. again.

Soldato
I gotta say current day VX'als look too dated, there's nothing new just same bland astras and insignias.. they really need to do what they did with insignia and astra.. again.

New Astra just been launched. New platform, new styling, significant weight loss, much better to drive etc. Even won a group test at What Car.

Back
Top Bottom