Show Us Your Motors!

All ph34r the Volvo of doom! :D I didn't follow Acme's guide to bangernomics I'm afraid! :p

4zSl3VHl.png.jpg

Actually quite a bargain, under £700. FSH, 110k miles, cambelt done, new brakes, discs, pads all round, no rust to be seen, tracking is spot on. Leather seats which show little wear, A/C, Cruise Control, and probably the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in!

I still have my Zed worry not! This is just to replace our ageing Corolla.

Awesome. I've been looking at something similar to replace my Corolla with next year, as I will need the space.

I've grown up being ferried around in Volvos and I don't think we've ever owned one we haven't taken up to 140k miles or so with no real issues (or nothing that couldn't be fixed in three hours on a Sun afternoon with a spanner and socket set anyway!). Seats are amazing, ride is always sublime. She looks really quite tidy too, especially considering the price.

Did it come with pipe and slippers? ;)

Yup - doesn't quite fit, but I'm sure I'll grow into them :p

I used to have a v40 Estate, all the lads used to ask where my whippet and slippers were. I was content, my buttocks were warm in winter and the seats were indeed very comfy.

Indeed.

I still have my 350z in case I'm feeling a little too farmer-like ;)

Potato Quality F T W... :D

WP_20160604_15_38_08_Pro_zpstkiwquhf.jpg

Car_zpsrjclzvmc.jpg

With DSG it is 4.8 IIRC.

Tried out launch control once and I don't doubt the 0-62 time tbh.

Black is nice but it does show up blemishes in the right light. I am having it detailed at the end of the month for my birthday (extremely dull present but I actually want it... :o).

Hopefully this will get rid of (or at least supress) the scratches the bonnet received thanks to our neighbours cat the day it was picked up...

A bit of wind deflector love for Acme....
Took a drive out through Wales. I've not been out to drive just for the sake of driving for so long. Even after three years of ownership, it still makes me grin on a good road.
Orange ST looks great. Is the orange different on the pre facelift compared to the 2008 onwards facelift :confused: when i was looking for an ST all the pre facelift orange for sale looks rubbish like a washed out colour but I've seen a few facelifts and it always seems to look like a more deeper metallic colour.
With DSG it is 4.8 IIRC.

Tried out launch control once and I don't doubt the 0-62 time tbh.

Black is nice but it does show up blemishes in the right light. I am having it detailed at the end of the month for my birthday (extremely dull present but I actually want it... :o).

Hopefully this will get rid of (or at least supress) the scratches the bonnet received thanks to our neighbours cat the day it was picked up...
Love the look of the Golf R! but black would have been the last colour I would have got in that because driving past it just looks like another GTD that only ever seem to be in black driven by chavs who think it's some kind of hot hatch.

Last edited:
:p I had no choice there was so few around to buy :D I got my Focus ST in the correct colour though "performance blue".
The lapiz blue on the Golf R has to be one of the best colours available on any car imo and sets it apart from the GTD crowd.

Back
Top Bottom