Show Us Your Motors!

Haha knew your'd be the one to jump on that, or Geekman.
Truth is I've never bothered with the GB sticker and never had a problem yet.

Don't blame you! It always makes me laugh when people spend ages getting every little thing organised exactly according to French law, when the police don't seem to care at all.

Car looks great, what MPG did you get on the way down?

Oooh, very nice.
Which specific Abarth 595 model is it?
Just been looking at these myself as with a new one just out there seem to be some great deals on nearly new previous models and not really fussed about the minor changes.
The ones I saw are the 595 Turismo.

It's a 180hp Comp with the larger turbo :)

As you say the series 4 has just hit dealers so there are some good deals for series 3 cars if your not too fussed about the new changes.

Went to meet some friends at Cromer cliff top to fly the Phantom 4.
I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt thinking it would be a nice sunny day but it was cold and windy so we didn't stay long enough to get any decent aerial photos worth sharing.

But, my friend took this one to show his mates and I thought it looked cool showing how practical the car is ;) the case fits perfectly in the boot space :D

zg6wOSU.jpg

I promise the matching red foam in the pelican box was just a coincidence!

Don't blame you! It always makes me laugh when people spend ages getting every little thing organised exactly according to French law, when the police don't seem to care at all.

Car looks great, what MPG did you get on the way down?

Before window tints I just used to display a high vis jacket on the parcel shelf, can you imagine getting a bulb kit and headlight reflectors sorted for these sort of cars.

Not as good as I was hoping, I pulled 30.4 on the English roads (3 hours) and 27.5 through France (85mph). I know the car can do better I just put it down to the car weighing over 2 tonne with luggage and passengers onboard. Then gave up on the 2 hour toll road diversions due to flooding. :(

Last edited:
Before window tints I just used to display a high vis jacket on the parcel shelf, can you imagine getting a bulb kit and headlight reflectors sorted for these sort of cars.

Not as good as I was hoping, I pulled 30.4 on the English roads (3 hours) and 27.5 through France (85mph). I know the car can do better I just put it down to the car weighing over 2 tonne with luggage and passengers onboard. Then gave up on the 2 hour toll road diversions due to flooding. :(

Headlight reflectors aren't even a legal requirement, the ferry companies just try to convince people they are so they can sell them at vastly inflated prices.

27.5 at 85MPH is decent. I managed 30 at the same speed, which reduced to 29 once I got into the mountains. But that was just with me and a boot full of luggage, so I'd imagine your figures are pretty much spot on.

One of the main reasons I chose this car was the economy at motorway speeds: I can think of very few sub £10k cars with 400BHP which can get anywhere close to those figures.

Newish car, had it 2 weeks now. Has some basic mods & hybrid turbo with RX7 intercooler. Currently running around 210 bhp with .8 bar of boost. Going to do front mount intercooler & billet wheel hybrid TD04 turbo as soon as I can along with with ECU map. Then a lot more to follow, hoping to get up to 250 (can do more), then save up for forged pistons & conrods to allow up to 300 bhp.

Panda is optional btw :D;)

JoWeHcq.jpg

Y6GihQ3.jpg

fHYYk25.jpg

D8noT30.jpg

5547B049-C83E-4BE8-8FB0-C92C44C96EC4_zpscyo1wd0k.jpg

97AC8E27-B993-451D-A780-57CB62B46C27_zpskhurfeir.jpg

074B7E21-B929-47EC-AB86-CE75EE06A4B9_zpsh6uoau0c.jpg

Yea, the slightly slopey run offs of this grill look better in my mind.
Headlights are screaming to be replaced but always find something else to be working at. Will have to eventually bite the bullet and get some projectors and wire in some squirties for them.

Finally got round to buying and fitting the projectors, using HIDS 5500k kit and devising a reasonably factory looking squirty set.
After
20160603_215345-1.jpg

Before
20150708_162332.jpg

Back
Top Bottom