Show Us Your Motors!

Do you actually see anyone up there? Or is it just you guys *legally* bombing it around?

Having seen some of the scenery you guys have been posting has tempted me and a bunch of mates to potentially go next summer! :D

Loads of people up here, like, irritating amounts at times. Many of the single track roads have passing points and if you're going slowly you pull in to let others overtake (or oncoming traffic to pass too of course). I'll leave proper info for once a thread is sorted by one of the others but Scotland (and especially the Highlands) is a place many people travel to from all over the world to visit.

Anyway, back on topic...

7180A818-30EF-4CCD-BFE9-7ADBF0754B12.jpg

Yup a good 60 to 70% of people we encountered were foreign tourists just pootling about. Thankfully many know to pull in or just cruise along, allowing those enjoying the roads to overtake but there are a few who are just not aware, or are too busy looking at the surroundings to keep an eye on traffic on teh road moving faster than them.

You can see far into the distance though, because the landscape is so open, you can easily make progress.

In Edinburgh now, so the roadtrip has come to a close. Will be heading home tomorrow. Overall it has been a great trip and we seriously hit the good weather lucky charms. Locals were telling us they've had 11 months of regular rain and bad weather, and that this week has been a rare thing.

Midges though, midges will drive you mad. I applied two different types of midge repellent, but they only help so much.

I think a fab rainbow this morning nicely marks the end of a nice holiday.

rps20160826_194241_097.jpg

Back
Top Bottom