Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It's a losing battle, easier to accept it!

By the way I have no plan on selling it it’ll be a forever keeper for me I’m hoping that’s why I didn’t mind the mileage and the price :)

I need to stop swapping and changing the DB9 seemed a good final car to settle on.

I will probs update my daily driver next year (Alfa GT)

Soldato
I have a receipt for a repair Aston did and it seems to have come back, issue is it was done over a year ago so I probably have no recourse.
drop a bag of silica gel in the light, they usually have space! I used some double sided tape in my z4 and it sucked up all the moisture, once that was gone I just flipped the seals on the back cover and it was fine after that.

Soldato
Sold my Granturismo, could not get on with the car. The 4.2 is not enough for it. The car lacked torque and I felt I was always wringing it’s neck to get it moving. So I have her replacement sorted....

Another epic to add to my list of owned cars, I’m hoping for this to be a long termer for me now as I have another house to focus on buying

Stunning car. With regards to the Maserati, not sure if yours had the same engine as the 2013 Grancabrio I used to drive, but I found it to be an absolutely wonderful engine - can’t say I ever felt it was lacking in torque, even comparing it to the other supercars we had on the fleet. Made an amazing noise too, although the DB9 is hardly lacking when it comes to that :p

Soldato
Stunning car. With regards to the Maserati, not sure if yours had the same engine as the 2013 Grancabrio I used to drive, but I found it to be an absolutely wonderful engine - can’t say I ever felt it was lacking in torque, even comparing it to the other supercars we had on the fleet. Made an amazing noise too, although the DB9 is hardly lacking when it comes to that :p

Mine had the 4.2 which was inherited from the Maserati 4200. Yours will have had the much better 4.7 engine after Maserati realised they cocked up with the 4.2

It was superb in the Maserati 4200 I also had because that was a small car.

The Engine did not suit the Granturismo size or weight however and at times was woeful. I.e shifting to 2nd or 3rd when hitting even the slightest incline just annoyed me it did pick up higher in the Rev range.

Coming from a C63 I couldn’t get on with it, where as the DB9 has oodles of torque really low down and high up in the Rev range a much more suitable drive for me

Soldato
Mine had the 4.2 which was inherited from the Maserati 4200. Yours will have had the much better 4.7 engine after Maserati realised they cocked up with the 4.2

It was superb in the Maserati 4200 I also had because that was a small car.

The Engine did not suit the Granturismo size or weight however and at times was woeful. I.e shifting to 2nd or 3rd when hitting even the slightest incline just annoyed me it did pick up higher in the Rev range.

Coming from a C63 I couldn’t get on with it, where as the DB9 has oodles of torque really low down and high up in the Rev range a much more suitable drive for me

Ah, that makes more sense then. Sadly never got the chance to drive a DB9, but I’m hoping I will someday as I’d love to experience that V12. Just need to convince @Voxination to get one and steal the keys from him when I’m back at Christmas :p

Soldato
Ah, that makes more sense then. Sadly never got the chance to drive a DB9, but I’m hoping I will someday as I’d love to experience that V12. Just need to convince @Voxination to get one and steal the keys from him when I’m back at Christmas :p

I must say the Granturismo has probably the best sounding V8 on the market. I may even go as far to say it sounds better than the DB9 but the V12 visceral raw sound just about tops it but only just

Don
That gets a "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice" from me. Well done. Good buy.
I'm another that wouldn't be scared of that mileage. If it's been serviced and maintained with no expense spared then there's no reason why it can't do double that.

Soldato
That gets a "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice" from me. Well done. Good buy.
I'm another that wouldn't be scared of that mileage. If it's been serviced and maintained with no expense spared then there's no reason why it can't do double that.

Exactly I bought on its condition the guy that sold me to me was the original salesman who sold it to the first owner brand new

He’s followed the car since it was brand new over the last two owners

I believe it really is a one off in regards to mileage and how well those miles are backed up most people wouldn’t have given it a second look but I actually think I’ve got lucky to get the car!

Soldato
It's funny, I commented on the engine in the granturismo sucking when you bought it and got shot down!

By me??

The engine doesn’t suck the engine in that car sucks :p

Also the Granturismo handled like a boat, I’m sure the stradale and S models are better but in the end it was a let down and I couldn’t live with it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom