1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Us Your Motors!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Lopéz, Oct 18, 2002.

1. DarrenM343

Mobster

I think they suit the car well. Doesn't look so great from smaller side angles but from a distance IMO helps to give the car a good poise and stance. Looks better in picture 2 next to the Range Rover than next to the TT for example.

The competition sounds good in the C.Harris video too. I was thinking the original M2 sounds much better inside the car (going by video's only not drives), maybe it does, but the competition sounds pretty good in that vid.

If I wanted one the decision would be whether to go used or just stump up the extra 10-£15k for a new Competition. With cars holding their values pretty well it makes new more tempting.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. Acme

Caporegime

I know I was just kidding, cos everyone used to pick fun as his tt for having pronounced arches :p

3. Housey

Man of Honour

Good car the M2 but sadly dull steering again. BMW needs to fix that but still a good fun car and better than the M3/4 I feel.

4. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Not sure about the M2 comp, might have more power but is also heavier. And reportedly they've improved the suspension but I'm just about to whack Bilsteins on my 2017 M2.

Save the money, buy an older M2 and modify it. eg standard brakes are terrible and presumably the same on the competition too.

It's more than capable round a track, here it is at Donny on standard PS4S tyres.....

Cayman GT4 driven a few days later was a few seconds a lap quicker, a big premium for small extra speed! From the graphs, the GT4 cornered faster (not sure what tyres it comes with, Cup2s I'd guess) but the M2 caught it on the straights. Driver was my friend who's far better than me!

A simple decat hugely improves the noise (or makes it worse, take your pick) and it still passes the noise tests at Donny, Bedford and Combe (measures ~98dB static) :cool:

Go-faster stripes help too :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. NathWraith

Capodecina

The M2 is not a pretty car from that angle!

6. Jumper118

Mobster

dirty wheels as well.

7. DAIR

Sgarrista

Nice car.... Shame about the stripes.

8. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Found a front-on shot which is the best angle for Beemers!

I do like the little rear wheel arches on it, kind of a baby M4 but not overweight like the 6 series.
    There is often mud on the roads and er the edges of circuits unfortunately :p :D
    Admit I wasn't a fan at first but I got the brakes done cheap in return for a bit of marketing love, they are a love hate thing!

9. NathWraith

Capodecina

Good driving though mate.

10. Beansprout

Man of Honour

That vid has me in the passenger seat sadly, I'm a few seconds a lap slower! :(

11. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

I managed to get a passenger ride in a work mates M235i (remapped stage 1 so hitting 400bhp or there abouts). In terms of how quick it is, it feels the same as the M2. But the exhaust and sound is just so muted compared to the M2. The M2 vs M235i is like night and day difference imo, as of course the M2 has the m3/m4 brakes, suspension, wider tyres, looks etc.

Is it worth twice the price on the used market, its hard to say but I am definitely happy with my choice.

12. Beansprout

Man of Honour

Sounds good with the remap, the reviews I saw of the 235i just say it would be great with more power! Once the M2 gets going it really is quite pokey. But not in a "I'm gonna kill you" kinda way.

I considered a 235i cup car but not as cheap as I thought (60k ish?) and I kinda like the look of the M2 plus it's a hoot to drive on twisty back roads.

13. Simon

Capodecina

Need to get some proper M cars in this thread (yes need to get some proper pics)

[​IMG]

14. crinkleshoes

Capodecina

Love the E92 M3 :)

15. Simon

Capodecina

Be interested in your comparison between the M2 / M2 CP and E92 M3. I have read that the M2 is the replacements for the E46 M3 in a few places.

16. Housey

Man of Honour

Lot's of M2's around the Ring, seemed to be the car of choice last year.

17. Gibbo

Commissario

It is for sure the closest car BMW have made for sometime to be what was the great E46 M3, M2 CP would certainly be my choice, but at 50k I'd just buy a CSL every time, simply for the noise.

18. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

Yep I saw that too. Rental companies using them as well.

Though the E92 M3 seemed the most popular car when I went last year. I’m already planning this years trip - most likely will rent a M2 rather than a golf GTI this time. :D

19. Acme

Caporegime

What happens if you stack the rented M2? Genuinely curious.

20. crinkleshoes

Capodecina

Big bill

Deposits for track rental around the ring can easily be £10-20k