Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
So many judgemental people in here :rolleyes: It's just a car at the end of the day ;)

I'm just enjoying not having to feel every pothole on the road and getting in and out is a lot more forgiving on the knees.

That has nothing to do with being in a SUV though. A 4 series would be equally comfortable with the correct wheels and suspension from the factory.

Soldato
So many judgemental people in here :rolleyes: It's just a car at the end of the day ;)

I'm just enjoying not having to feel every pothole on the road and getting in and out is a lot more forgiving on the knees.

The reactions are quite amusing, everyone thinking they know more than you what suits your needs.

Enjoy it! :)

Don
Suvs fill a segment few need in this country. If people knew what they needed we wouldn't have sales consultants, would we?

Regarding your post above. I had an Insignia that is probably one of the bigger hatchbacks you can buy. My family fit in a budget SUV, the Tucson much more comfortably than the Insignia and still have the same boot space, if not more, in the Tucson. Also, as mentioned they're a lot easier getting in being 6'4.

Soldato

That has nothing to do with being in a SUV though. A 4 series would be equally comfortable with the correct wheels and suspension from the factory.

Pretty sure the increased ride height has everything to do with "forgiving on the knees" bit. And that's all about it being an SUV.

But yeah, a lot of negativity here. Whilst I don't personally like the X4 I do like larger SUV's. I do like the higher seating position, as it makes it easier to get the kids in and out for me. And I'm no longer so concerned with speed bumps. My current CRV, whilst not massive, is certainly big enough for us at the moment. And was a great machine for taking the family on holiday with earlier in the summer. And later today, will be doing the skip run with ease. And during the winter, I know I'll have an easier time getting to work in the CRV than any of my other vehicles. They certainly have their place in my fleet (currently have 4 cars just now, including the CRV).

Just because some people have no need for such a vehicle, some people genuinely do. And other people just want one for other reasons. Doesn't mean you should **** on someones chips just because you don't like them.

Soldato
Wait, wet leaves? (sucks air through teeth)... You'll need a RR for that :p

Give the poor chap a break, so it's an SUV, big woop. Different people gonna be different. If he came on hear saying he wanted sublime handling, then you could feed him to the wolves :D

Caporegime
Regarding your post above. I had an Insignia that is probably one of the bigger hatchbacks you can buy. My family fit in a budget SUV, the Tucson much more comfortably than the Insignia and still have the same boot space, if not more, in the Tucson. Also, as mentioned they're a lot easier getting in being 6'4.

And a Skoda Superb has a boot that's about 20% bigger in terms of volume than the Tucson so if large carrying capacity is your NEED then a Superb would be a better option. Depending on the flavour the boot in the Tucson is smaller than that of the Insignia btw. The Superb also has a larger cabin so would no doubt be equally comfortable for the family. Back to the Insignia though the only area I believe it loses out is headroom however try and keep in mind that 6ft4 is waaaaay above average. Not everyone is a freaky giant like you and as I said, and you quoted "few need" them. Not nobody needs them.
For the vast majority of people's needs a standard hatch or saloon is more suitable. But some people want the one thing that SUVs add that you can't get in a standard car, that higher seating position. They will try and excuse it with the 'better visibility' argument but that's highly limited, especially if you read the reviews for the majority of SUVs which tend to share a common complaint of poor rear visibility. It really does boil down to a psychological appeal. It's a bigger vehicle and so provides that sense of superiority. It's the reason that RR's got their nickname of Chelsea Tractors. Many people don't NEED them, I'd argue most, but buy them for the perceived status that they portray.

Hey, if someone wants to try and look like Jonny Big Balls that's fine, but it's when they try and dress it up with disingenuous reasons that it becomes a joke. Seemingly we're a nation of gigantic cripples with 4 obese kids that can't fit in a car from the usual excuses reasons on here.

Caporegime
I can, but fail to see the relevance here. He bought what he wanted, end of story.

The reactions are quite amusing, everyone thinking they know more than you what suits your needs.

Enjoy it! :)

But it's what he wanted, struggling to see your point.

Clearly not. And like I said, he can buy what he wants - doesn't mean people can't question that choice. If you don't want others opinions then don't post on a discussion forum.

Soldato
Amazing how even small cars suddenly feel enormous once you decide to T-cut the whole thing. Can't quite hide the fact it's 30 years old but scrubs up pretty good for an old girl I reckon.

Gb7nYpY.jpg

57kUAj8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom