Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Should be picking up my 30th Anni RF this week as well. Top choice sir :cool:
Enjoy! Driven over 100 miles now. Better than expected to be honest and I expected it to be good. Getting used to getting in and out. Feels great to drive. Build quality very good. Keeping it under 5krpm for the moment and only touched that a few times so far. According to Mazda no running in is required however.

I'm in love with that! Any more pictures?
Do have a few more. Will see if I can post them up later if they're any good (taken with phone)

Soldato
a77d7c4230f67b6664071f922f97b695.jpg

8a727ebdac6a8541c953fc91c5a788e4.jpg

Associate
Enjoy! Driven over 100 miles now. Better than expected to be honest and I expected it to be good. Getting used to getting in and out. Feels great to drive. Build quality very good. Keeping it under 5krpm for the moment and only touched that a few times so far. According to Mazda no running in is required however.

Get her nice and warm.....then kick her teeth in! :D

Man of Honour
hh18DWp.jpg

Having the ceramic coating was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made with a car. It just looks so good all year round with the easiest of cleans, most of the time I just foam it and rinse it (with a water purifier so no need to dry).

Still love the car as much as I did a year ago as well. The noise will always make me grin ear to ear and the power always takes people by surprise, given it looks like any old C-Class estate.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
hh18DWp.jpg

Having the ceramic coating was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made with a car. It just looks so good all year round with the easiest of cleans, most of the time I just foam it and rinse it (with a water purifier so no need to dry).

Still love the car as much as I did a year ago as well. The noise will always make me grin ear to ear and the power always takes people by surprise, given it looks like any old C-Class estate.
That is a beautiful colour, and looks great clean! :)

Soldato
Having come to the end of my 3 year Lease on my B9 Audi A4 this month I took delivery of this on Tuesday...
20191002-142805.jpg

IMG-20191001-WA0004.jpg

20191007-214515.jpg

Its a Volvo XC60 T8 R-Design in Osmium Grey.

I didn't spec too much on it because even with the BIK savings it started to become a bit too cost prohibitive, I wanted to stay around or less what I was paying for my A4 on my works lease.

For those not familiar with Volvo's engine bits, the T8 is Volvo's Plug in Hybrid range, so along with the T6 Petrol Engine (Which is a cracking little unit!) which is both Super and Turbo charged and good for 320bhp on it's own, it also has an 87bhp 11.5kwh Electric motor also. In total it has not massively short of 400bhp and 472 torques...

Good bits:
  • It sounds great in power mode and it bloody well shifts!!
  • Battery is better on the MY2020, with a lighter foot I'm getting about 25mi out of the battery which is great for going to and from work which is only 6mi each way.
  • Interior is lovely, even Volvos base sound system with a sub is pretty darn good.
  • Great interior space, even for a mid size SUV it fits my 3 Step kids (11, 8 and 6) with a lot more room than my A4.
  • Charging is easy and relatively quick, from Empty to 100% charge only takes about 2 and 3/4 hours.
  • Panoramic roof came a standard on the T8
  • You get just a little bit of audible Supercharger whine which for me is like ear pr0n having had my old R53 MINI Cooper S :D
Bad bits:
  • Base kit on the R Design is a little sparse in places, I miss my 360 Camera that I had on my A4, albeit you do get front and rear parking sensors.
  • Seats are a little harder than I'm used to.
  • Charging port placement is on the side of the car, would have been better on the front I think
  • No fast charge option. Meaning that some charge points cannot be used.
  • No physical AWD, its been replaced by batteries!!
  • ICE is a little intrusive at times even when in pure EV mode.
Fuel economy isn't bad at all, I'm still on half a tank. I filled it up from 1/4 on the 1st. As I don't currently charge from home, my only option is to use a plug at work, but I can charge it 4 times a week if I need to plus any overtime I do so getting plenty of Electric miles atm. I think by the time fuel up comes round i'll be looking to get a minimum of 6-700 miles out of the tank which over my A4 is a good improvement. I know i'll get more eventually once the cars been broken in a bit.

Overall, very, very pleased.

Soldato
Fuel economy isn't bad at all, I'm still on half a tank. I filled it up from 1/4 on the 1st. As I don't currently charge from home, my only option is to use a plug at work, but I can charge it 4 times a week if I need to plus any overtime I do so getting plenty of Electric miles atm. I think by the time fuel up comes round i'll be looking to get a minimum of 6-700 miles out of the tank which over my A4 is a good improvement. I know i'll get more eventually once the cars been broken in a bit.

Don't forget it does has a whopping 70L tank, the A4 would have had 40/58L?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Don't forget it does has a whopping 70L tank, the A4 would have had 40/58L?
Audi seem to have quite big fuel tanks. My A6 has 80, and my S3 had 55 or so. A4 probably has around 60.
I think it's BMW who insist on fitting tiny fuel tanks to their cars.

Perhaps it's a VAG thing as my Golf has 50. Although I've put 53 in a couple of times.

Caporegime
Audi seem to have quite big fuel tanks. My A6 has 80, and my S3 had 55 or so. A4 probably has around 60.
I think it's BMW who insist on fitting tiny fuel tanks to their cars.

Perhaps it's a VAG thing as my Golf has 50. Although I've put 53 in a couple of times.

Vag tend not to have a driveshaft in the way.

Back
Top Bottom