Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
There's a private one on Ebay looks immaculate 28K 1 owner bla bla bla but he want 9.7k for it, probably not what you are after. They getting rarer now in that condition. Personally I would be waiting see what comes of the current mess to see how prices are affected.
i remember about 7-8 years ago I think it was when petrol sky rocketed, some proper bargains for gas guzzlers, bought a low mileage STI for 5.5k, sold it 5 years later for same price.

Personally I tend to avoid private sales - though more likely to find people selling that way in the current environment with the showrooms, etc. closed and seemingly most garages not really operating despite saying they still are on their website.

Permabanned
picked this up today for 4k
seems a right bargain.

doing 20k miles a year now so the big petrol had to go.
106k miles with full service history. ( all services done in Audi ) Last service done on 04/2020. Timing belt with water pump replaced. Oil and oil filter.

93166141_2327725127532632_4071183548369862656_o.jpg

93486375_2327725160865962_8025228477990961152_o.jpg

93007180_2327724090866069_4674859184850731008_o.jpg

Soldato
Personally I tend to avoid private sales - though more likely to find people selling that way in the current environment with the showrooms, etc. closed and seemingly most garages not really operating despite saying they still are on their website.
I'm the complete opposite. Hate dealerships etc and prefer private :)

Man of Honour

Unless it's a main dealer I'd always prefer private, what really does a trader offer on older cars other than an opportunity to pay their profit margin?

Man of Honour
Unless it's a main dealer I'd always prefer private, what really does a trader offer on older cars other than an opportunity to pay their profit margin?

Any half reputable trader will offer some kind of warranty whether it is worth more than the paper it is written on is another matter but aside from the back street types usually worth something and more come back if things don't match up to expectations - these days many value their online reviews as well so are more likely to take a vehicle back no quibble if there are issues even if it is just to sell it to the next mug.

To be fair I tend to buy used via main dealers more often than not.

Man of Honour
No it's not, its absolutely crucial to the point and why if it isn't a main dealer or a private seller I see little point.

Many of the longer standing, not back street type, traders personally I've found to honour their warranties. 1-2 of the local ones we have used for years have gone above and beyond though being a regular customer might help there maybe.

Permabanned
80 mile round trip in the A4 and no issues at all.
i think the full main dealer servicing is to help with that.

computer says no gas for the air con. that is the only fault with the car.

Soldato
80 mile round trip in the A4 and no issues at all.
i think the full main dealer servicing is to help with that.

computer says no gas for the air con. that is the only fault with the car.

You're not worried that you've just bought a 6 year old car and the aircon has already failed? It might just need a regas, but if that was the case why wasn't it fixed before sale? I'd be more worried that something way more expensive to replace has failed.

Permabanned
You're not worried that you've just bought a 6 year old car and the aircon has already failed? It might just need a regas, but if that was the case why wasn't it fixed before sale? I'd be more worried that something way more expensive to replace has failed.

if the aircon is the only thing wrong then surely thats an easy fix.
were not in summer yet not that we have one anyways.
i am a believer of leaving the aircon on through winter and summer, maybe the previous owner turned it off.

either way 4k for what i have bought with full dealer servicing and 106k on the clock is a reet bargain.

Back
Top Bottom