Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
The front grill pieces were replaced previous to my ownership and obviously the rears are original. I find pieces like that such a pita when they have faded. I've had older bikes in the past that I've almost kept moist to the touch with the amount of autoglym bumper care I've used on them (although it smells sooo good I was happy to do so) however something like that grill I think I may have to look at the heat/chemical approaches. Especially with bad knees and back it won't be getting the car it would have when I was 17 :D

Just take them out and rattle can them matte black...

And tbh I thought after coming back on here after a number of years away everyone would be at the fez level... It was 306 D Turbo -> Mondeo ST220 -> Some kind of 530 or 330 BMW then exotica of all kinds.... I got stalled due to psycho ex problems after my E39 530D M Sport and was ashamed to not meet to OcUK Motors standards of progression haha

Hmm, i've never let it bother me. Picture of a McLaren? BOOM matte black rattle canned Nissan Primera straight afterwards. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I was very lucky to get a job in 2007 with the local JCB dealer selling compact equipment, it was like a junior sales role. I was made redundant in 08. The JCB Training and systems/process's carried me though. Using the same process's in the fairly newly formed business that was part of a larger group / holding company got me noticed. I grew the company from 500k loses to profit and ultimately a year after i left they folded (losses returned) So i knew the field i was in, diggers. So many times we underwrote machines to dealers i thought about becoming a middle man for it. Why cant i sell plant for people for more than trade. in 2013 when i started the pound was weak (like now) and export was flat out. so i did very well as the pound rose in 2015 life got tougher and that's when i decided to invest in my own. I really was just flipping machines. Earning a few hundred each one. I had enough of working for people I was very poorly with stress back then. 18 people reporting to you, a board to report to, manufactures breathing heavy for more sales. I sat in some meetings and just wanted to cry. I diddnt have the experience or answers to some very senior people in big organisations, I did what i could which was still successful but the groups idea of taking on lots of manufactures to sell was a big downfall, not just for me but also for the business we wasn't geared up for it all.

Great to read that as I to was going no-where financially until I started my own business, left school with nothing, so its great to read others success and know with more hard work I can get there to. I am now starting to see the rewards and hoping to invest in some property etc. My aim is to own a Ferrari of some description or a 911 Turbo of some description one day!

Associate
After a sweet fez, please see 1 x not too terribly rusty Mazda. All naked getting ready for her full respray.

50046920226_98434d4a30_c.jpg

50047551702_f515e03394_c.jpg

Soldato
Bought my B8 S4 Avant S-Tronic back around September. Full service history including DSG servicing.
It came pretty standard, since buying I've not done much in the way of visual mods really beyond an rs type front grille and a full set of 15mm spacers and correct bolts.
Factory options include MMI 3G High prep, pan sunroof, heated seats etc.
Performance wise, it has Revo 1+ with induction kit, silicon intake pipe and smaller s/charger pulley.
Body wise it's in great shape bar a few filled stone chips on the bonnet. I've given it a run over with my DA and it polishes up we. Having fitted 4 hankook ventus evo 3 after Christmas, I have to say they cope well with the 400+ horses trying to break free at times.
Only other plans are a service soon and maybe darken the silver door strips, never was a fan of too much alu or chrome.

Soldato
Great to read that as I to was going no-where financially until I started my own business, left school with nothing, so its great to read others success and know with more hard work I can get there to. I am now starting to see the rewards and hoping to invest in some property etc. My aim is to own a Ferrari of some description or a 911 Turbo of some description one day!

Its great to see success story's in today's world. I believe its much harder to do from when the big boys formed 20-30 years ago. IT takes a lot of dedication to do it. I remember taking on my first unit. It was £425 a month. Literally penny's now. I really was pooping my pants at how to make it pay, However it was great i had a small base to buy small machines, kept me level headed. Growing has been difficult as its the same risk all over again and that worry of failing still remains. Rent is now 7 x that amount. Its easy to make money, its just how much is costs you. I have no idea what you do but something i was told is 80% of your business is done with 20% of your customers. Look after them 20% . Use all experience from your previous jobs to your benefit. I was 35 yesterday and one thing i said to a friend was its rubbish getting older but the experience is something you cannot buy , Good luck

Picture of my first unit 475 sq ft. (RS4 also :) Funny that, i have owned 3 red cars in my time.
Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Also, Finally a picture of my 458 that i feel shows the roof isn't silver. Its a dark is grey

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Car looks superb mate, you should be and know you are over the moon with it, am sure as you drive it more you will discover how truly special a car they feel and how they are entertaining at legal speeds but also very capable at high speeds too.
The corrosion is pretty odd, never seen that my only guess is maybe it had a bad stone chip, scratch in that area and water got under the paint from a poor repair job and shocked Ferrari did not see that but am sure they will have it sorted for you prompt.

Great story that on your progression and proof hard work and dedication pays off, especially if you spot and pounce on an opportunity.
When you put it in the garage make sure the mirrors are folded in because that will be your issue especially if the inne garage mechanism takes up some of the opening at the height where your mirrors are at. That was why I had to get the garage door changed at this property.

I now have a second property which has a double garage and the door openings are larger but even mirrors out the doors are wide enough but the mechanism takes some of opening up which makes it tighter, so just watch out for that.

Enjoy you've made a great choice and the longer I have mine the more I am decided to just keep it forever. :)

Thnaks Gibbo . I have driven it for the last three days, its so docile if you want it to be, i have found auto will drive however you want! if you drive slow it changes slow, if you drive fast it changes how you would change both up and down. Thumbs up, people waving, i also found i was let out of a couple of junctions that im pretty sure i wouldn't have in my range rover. Exactly what you said. Today though i found a nice country lane and jeez, it just wanted more and more the turn in is just incredible but so is the composure of the car, thats with bumpy road on too! infact I drive with bumpy road on 90% of the time

OcUK Staff
Thnaks Gibbo . I have driven it for the last three days, its so docile if you want it to be, i have found auto will drive however you want! if you drive slow it changes slow, if you drive fast it changes how you would change both up and down. Thumbs up, people waving, i also found i was let out of a couple of junctions that im pretty sure i wouldn't have in my range rover. Exactly what you said. Today though i found a nice country lane and jeez, it just wanted more and more the turn in is just incredible but so is the composure of the car, thats with bumpy road on too! infact I drive with bumpy road on 90% of the time

I also drive with bumpy road on too, it is just such a nice feature as I drive everywhere in race mode pretty much so bumpy road is nice for toggling for rough and smooth roads. Sport is not a bad setting too as that puts the suspension in a middle ground which is amazingly damped for UK roads, but I find the assist systems a bit interfering in that mode as in race mode just properly unleashes the car and SCT Off is good for when your confidence builds, never driven on the road though with ESC fully off, but no need really as in race it just lets you get on with it, wet mode is good in the wet though, surprisingly. ;)

Enjoy it cracking weather for it this week. :)

Soldato
Had this 635 sport for nearly a year now and it's been a great car to drive. A month ago i decided to have it Vinyl Wraped and when that was done i had the Alloys re-furbed. This is the first proper clean it's had since the Alloys were done, i'm well pleased with the result.

jpupE5r.jpg qBuVqj1.jpg WJz0SvQ.jpg ZfobLtY.jpg 2pezoW3.jpg RTHkelj.jpg x2iApwL.jpg m6seWS5.jpg 6T6cDjn.jpg QH57GPA.jpg

Caporegime
God they haven't aged well... Interior looks lovely though, nice contrast.

Wrap looks like a very good job from the photos!

Is there positive camber on the wheels, and maybe toe in on a couple, or is it just the camera lens? - You can stand a bit further back yknow, might even be able to get the whole car in shot! ;) :p

Is that Chrome or very shiny metallic?

Its clearly not a chrome wrap is it. Need some new glasses. ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think you know where Specsavers is, I've seen your latest contraption :eek: :p

I can definitely see why people don't like it, but it's grown on me over the years.

Caporegime
I don't think you know where Specsavers is, I've seen your latest contraption :eek: :p

I can definitely see why people don't like it, but it's grown on me over the years.

The SWATMERA is a piece of art. :p

The E63 has grown on me a little, I don't dislike it as much as I did, but its still not a good piece of design in my eyes.

Also, couldn't BMW and Mercedes have talked to each other about the E63 thing? :p

Soldato
I think the 6 Series looks great tbh. Only think im not a fan of is the wrap (sorry) but one of them in black, grey and silver still a very smart looking yoke. Drive nice too

Soldato
God they haven't aged well... Interior looks lovely though, nice contrast.

Wrap looks like a very good job from the photos!

Is there positive camber on the wheels, and maybe toe in on a couple, or is it just the camera lens? - You can stand a bit further back yknow, might even be able to get the whole car in shot! ;) :p

Its clearly not a chrome wrap is it. Need some new glasses. ;)

No, the wheels had a 4 wheel reset last week...................they are are as they are supposed to be lol :)
The pics by the way way were cropped, i was stood further away :D

I was well pleased with the wrap, it took some time to decide on the colour though. The colour by the way is 3M 2080 Gloss Metallic Blue.

Back
Top Bottom