Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
117347614-10157701921270678-3041615358204296915-n.jpg

Taken up the Orme a couple of years back. still puts a smile on my face looking at it.... and driving it :D with the 400bhp Hybrid it's the quickest thing I've had with 4 wheels!

Love these bit never driven one. I bet it doesn't feel quite right a car that size going the speed it can?!

Soldato
Hi Gilbert,

I'm finding economy is actually....improved! Especially at motorway speeds, my previous highest MPG was around 44 on a longish motorway run going 60-65. I recently managed to get 60MPG sitting at 60-65mph on a 1 hour or so motorway run, which I was pretty impressed with. Obviously this is not how I you're chilling with cruise control on at around 65mph and not breaking too often you can achieve pretty impressive results. Town has been improved also, clearing 30MPG far more often, Edinburgh traffic is pretty horrible too. I got a GTI+ spec, so it's fairly well optioned, only thing I would have liked which it doesn't have is climate control (which is an option on the Polo sadly). I was really put off by the red interior pre-purchase, but it's now somehow grown on me and I don't mind it, but I completely understand why many wouldn't like it! This is my first non-manual car, in an ideal world I would have 2 cars and one manual and one auto, but due to work etc the reality is I was only able to enjoy the manual box about 5% of the time, so going auto made sense for me as I'm often sitting in stop start traffic to and from work :)

I had one until last year and averaged 40mpg+ during the 20k miles we put on it. Would've been great to have the GTI+ if only for the xenons but spec wise it's pretty much what you expect from a car of this class although I really missed having a centre arm rest. When little one is more grown up I'd be tempted to get into another one over a Golf GTI as the size made it a real joy to flow through some country roads :)

Soldato
It's wonky :D As soon as I get the V5 I intend to put my private plate back on, thus solving the problem!
Boo hiss :p

I am a big fan of that shape ST. This is the best colour for it too IMO. I can't remember if you answered before, but did this one have the cool door protectors? If not I think they are a quick retrofit.

Soldato
The ones that pop out? No, it doesn't. I'm not convinced of their merits anyway. I'm careful enough when opening my door, it's other people opening theirs into mine that I worry about!

I chipped the edge of my door being an idiot (and I'm usually very careful). Now my Fords have the protectors on. I think they are actually becoming more standard fit potentially, since if everyone has the same attitude (I'm careful, others aren't), then doors still get dinged somehow.

Permabanned
is it comfy ?
i do have a spot for these but cant help thinking of going german again.

it looks cheap inside but i guess it is not in a bad way at all, they are so much for the money and so so reliable and great fun.

Back
Top Bottom