Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Picked this winter hack up last weekend in all it's luxury GHIA goodness! Can't beat a MK1! :cool:

It looks great. The Focus started every time and never let me down. I used it as a workhorse and station car, 5am when it was frozen solid, always started straight away, the windscreen heater is brilliant.

Sadly rust got mine. Nineties Ford's are prone to the dreaded chassis rot, the bodyshell looks fine only the damage is underneath. I would avoid running when the roads are laden with grit although I see its why you bought.

Funny you mention bulbs, mine ate through headlight bulbs! Always bought spares in the glovebox.

Caporegime
GS460 arrived from Japan, seems decent, just waiting on Nova docs which are taking longer than normal. Not much to do, got new tyres there and a few bits that will sort it out nicely.

Looking forward to it

i.ibb.co/fkLN5yk/20210922-092111.jpg

Also ended up putting a deposit down on an Ariel Nomad, long waiting time though so plenty of time to save :cry:

Dream garage right there

Associate
GS460 arrived from Japan, seems decent, just waiting on Nova docs which are taking longer than normal. Not much to do, got new tyres there and a few bits that will sort it out nicely.

Looking forward to it

Also ended up putting a deposit down on an Ariel Nomad, long waiting time though so plenty of time to save :cry:
Very interesting import. Is it cheaper or better spec than what is available in UK?

Soldato

Looking forward to it

Really really like these, Definitely need more pics of it

No 460s in UK and very few gs430s around. And the gs300 or gs450 are both v6 and quite boring. 430/460 is v8

Pretty sure the 430 uses CVT? - Riiight, so 2001-2005 is CVT, and 06-07 uses 6sp auto

Last edited:
Don
Pretty sure the 430 uses CVT? - Riiight, so 2001-2005 is CVT, and 06-07 uses 6sp auto

GS300 Mk1 is a 4-speed auto
GS300/430 Mk2 is a 5-speed auto
GS300/430 Mk3 is a 6-speed auto
GS300/460 Mk3 facelift is an 8-speed auto from 2008
GS450 is a CVT and is a hybrid

The GS460 was available in the UK for about a year or so but they sold maybe 20 examples total, making them extremely rare.

Associate
With everyone giddy over the Lotus Emira (with good reason!) I'm sticking with my Esprit, for now,... maybe? :D

y4mg2cKbyOvfa4qEEoqEGEHDaD2N1Mi1PAWFEEBg3olL9VNj6FtIrDYxKo9CDAaEbMyLMj8sonosn6uZVQOFTb6pjYYqmcBfecZKNK4QuLbIyVd0bPNawgje2ANbvgIxYTigPqOAPjJSbsPHdHdF70pvCIZBjzjY5NEE6oj0Op9cUY

y4mdpJB0GMtwZYrh9Mh-cVvLwRRaKJI6ASEY5oErlhOHbumJqQu5xLxsUmcQOrOouRB1hC7zUmiAe7Z9BcNRG5K4KzBx044Z_lE5q2rFSD1_3ypU_D99VMeaggMOzA5G9EHdlgs-BAosWpUZewNQi0HKtb33r8LBXmCEnRPAFGFhJs

Soldato
Very interesting import. Is it cheaper or better spec than what is available in UK?

Yeah, rare here but also quite cheap in Japan where they are relatively common. I just wanted a cheap v8 and always like this shape of GS. I had a GS300 some time ago and always liked it.

Loving the Esprit above!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Before I went permanently remote I used to see an Esprit in the work car park very regularly. I've always liked them, something about the dimensions and angles that's just spot on for me.

Associate
Before I went permanently remote I used to see an Esprit in the work car park very regularly. I've always liked them, something about the dimensions and angles that's just spot on for me.

Ive always loved old square/ angle cars. Theyre the best cars around I think, thats why I own a 1993 Daihatsu Charade and used to own a K10 Micra. All the bricky goodness.

Associate
Yeah, rare here but also quite cheap in Japan where they are relatively common. I just wanted a cheap v8 and always like this shape of GS. I had a GS300 some time ago and always liked it.

Loving the Esprit above!

I like them as well. I nearly went for a gs300 in military green( aka Flint mica).

Soldato

Loving the Esprit above!

What did if cost all in out of interest? My mate recently got a crown 186 imported and it took him 5 complaints to DVLA to get it registered.. hopefully you don't get the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom