Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
PXL-20211010-134903629.jpg

Gave mine a good wash with some Maguire's kit I was gifter for a recent birthday :D

Soldato
You're a Gent, thanks.

Love it too! First time I've given it a quick Wax and it really makes a difference.

The car stands out on a day in the sun. Winter time it will look dull and uninspired :D

I bet it’ll still look great - especially with the sun being lower in the sky

Check out something like Gtechniq Liquid Crystal.

It’s excellent for keeping it nice and clean during winter :cool:

Definitely worth using a clay bar too if you haven’t already :D Your paint will be silky smooth

Soldato
I bet it’ll still look great - especially with the sun being lower in the sky

Check out something like Gtechniq Liquid Crystal.

It’s excellent for keeping it nice and clean during winter :cool:

Definitely worth using a clay bar too if you haven’t already :D Your paint will be silky smooth
Thanks for the tips! I'll check out that product.

I'm a novice when it comes to cleaning/detailing :)

Soldato
Thanks for the tips! I'll check out that product.

I'm a novice when it comes to cleaning/detailing :)

Ah yeah there’s SO much info online.

After 3 years or so doing it fairly regularly (at least every 2 weeks), here’s what I’ve found works best for me:

Products

Not saying they’re the best, but they’ve worked for the way I wash my car. The Auto Wash, as an example, allows me to do wheels before rinsing without causing water spots on the car from it drying.

Method

1. Foam (think runny snot consistency)
  2. Let run for ~5 mins - usually do wash buckets
  3. Rinse with pressure washer on soft (always soft for everything but wheels/wheel arches)
  4. Wash (2 buckets - one soap, one dirty/rinse - paint outside of one to differentiate)
  5. Wheels
  6. Rinse
  7. Dry
  8. Glass - important or you’ll have streaky glass
  9. Any coatings you want to apply

Associate
Picked this up last week as a cheap little weekend fun car which will get used for the odd commute now and again.

2006 facelift E85 2.5i Sport. It's 15 years old but its been looked after very well, last owner was an enthusiast and has been a mine of information for me. It's my first Z4 and I love it to bits. Not the fastest thing in the world but very nice to drive. Had been looking for a Montego Blue one for a while and uncannily enough this popped up locally last week so I went to see it and loved it :cool::) Took my little lad out today in it for a drive, lots of smiles all round with the top down!
I didn't used to like these, but I think they've aged really well. Especially in this colour. Nice purchase!

Soldato
Ah yeah there’s SO much info online.

After 3 years or so doing it fairly regularly (at least every 2 weeks), here’s what I’ve found works best for me:

Products

Not saying they’re the best, but they’ve worked for the way I wash my car. The Auto Wash, as an example, allows me to do wheels before rinsing without causing water spots on the car from it drying.

Method

1. Foam (think runny snot consistency)
  2. Let run for ~5 mins - usually do wash buckets
  3. Rinse with pressure washer on soft (always soft for everything but wheels/wheel arches)
  4. Wash (2 buckets - one soap, one dirty/rinse - paint outside of one to differentiate)
  5. Wheels
  6. Rinse
  7. Dry
  8. Glass - important or you’ll have streaky glass
  9. Any coatings you want to apply

Wow that's a list ;)

Thanks for that, all good info :)

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm intrigued in who washes @Gibbo 's cars. They're immaculate on every joint/bolt/calliper/chassis like you'd expect from an F1 team stripping the car down completely after every race. They're so clean you'd think they came out of the factory.

Soldato
I'm intrigued in who washes @Gibbo 's cars. They're immaculate on every joint/bolt/calliper/chassis like you'd expect from an F1 team stripping the car down completely after every race. They're so clean you'd think they came out of the factory.
Gibbo does? I mean if you get a car properly corrected and have ways of storing it dry then you can keep it very clean with little effort. Especially if it isn't a daily driver. My s2000 is extremely clean compared to my crown which gets exposed to everything while s2000 sits tucked away in dry garage.

V F

V F

Soldato
Interesting. Imagine keeping a regular car as good as that. As if it was the day it was taken out of the showroom. No form of rust on the chassis.

Soldato
Also how does he afford them?

Both questions answered on his OnlyFans ;)

Back
Top Bottom