Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
It's a Superleggera, maybe having no mats is weight saving :p

I can't imagine anyone is dishing out £250,000 plus cars as courtesy vehicles, even for DBX owners.

A car manufacturer will loan you pretty much anything if they think you are a potentially serious customer, which Nath having purchased a DBX is a serious potential customer. The only cars manufacturers sometimes won't loan out are the super super mileage sensitive cars which a Superleggera is but also is not as they depreciate very hard in the first 2-3 years irrelevant of mileage, easy to pickup a 2yr old one with nearly 100k reduction.

Most luxury car brands tend to be very accommodating with test drives, loan cars etc. especially if they believe you have the ability to fund such an exotic.

Its a stunning car, much better looking than the new V8V.

Soldato
Oh my !

Nice Nath, new wheels?

NSX gone ? Or you following Gibbos Garage lol

Nah just a courtesy car, I don'y think Gibbo has multiple 6 digit value cars does he?

NSX is still here and a totally different experience. Way more focussed in tech, handling & supercar edgyness VS luxury & class with an oldskool RWD & big V12 up front.

Surely it's a courtesy car unless Nath forgot to spec floor mats.

Bingo!

Aston Martin collaborate with Fisher-Price on that infotainment display?

Yep I hate the iPad dash look.

It's a Superleggera, maybe having no mats is weight saving :p

I can't imagine anyone is dishing out £250,000 plus cars as courtesy vehicles, even for DBX owners.

You would be wrong.

A few thoughts on the car:

- Engine, sounds & goes incredibly
- So good looking, not in a typical "look at me" super car way, just classically beautiful, no fussy details or creases/scoops
- Chassis, lots of front end bite & rear is very stable considering the power/torque on offer
- Brakes, bit grabby (as per most carbons) but stop very well
- Gearbox, very fast, you would be pressed to know this wasn't a dual clutch
- Interior, lovely & plush but certain areas are not up to the DBX standard on fit and finish

Refinement is brilliant with the roof up, if you didn't know it was a drop top, sorry volante, you woul think you were in a fixed top coupe. The mechnism is magically too, operates up to 30mph and done 16s, very swish. Roof down and you can here that massive V12 howling, I've put a audio clip on my instagram but it does not do it justice at all.

I've not gone 10/10s on the handling front as driving a car worth more than the average house is not something I suddently want to be forking out for if all goes **** up, but the car does feel solid and the steering does a good job of making the car light on it's toes. I'd love to take it on track and see what it can really do.

The interior is nice but prety much a DB11 interior, which isn't bad per se but when a car costs this much I expect to be floored by it. Spec is conservative though being honest. Its an even older merc infotainment which is a bit crap by todays standards but tbh those things don't concern me, as this car is not about having HUD or gesture control. Some of the touch points feel handcrafted to perfections (the paddles) other areas feel like kinder egg plastic (the sport dampners/engine buttons), so its a mixed bag.

Those pics I have uplaoded do not do the car justice in how jaw droppingly gorgeous it is, a truely modern classic Aston design. The rear is OK, seems alittle plain if you ask me but the front/side profile more than make up for it.

I've got it for another day and mercifully the weather is reasonably dry. The top down experience just can't be beaten in a car this beautiful, yet classy with decent room & a reasonable boot. However this particular car if for sale at £273K, an early DB11 with the same V12 (less power) can be had for around £100K used. Im not sure the styling, performance tweaks, newness and drop top really make this a £173K better car.

As much as I like it, I don't it enough for the money they command. 2018 DBS coupes are around £180K currently, would be a lot more tempting around £150K it has to be said. The problem with these types of car is that they are so spec sensitive & there just isnt many around, so buying used on a car with so much customisation often means you have to compromise on something else.

I could buy one new but I've not had a lobotomy yet. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I totally agree on the effortless beautiful of the outside. The inside seems a bit contradictory though? Lots of random bits of "sport" stuff and aggressive shapes and layers?

Man of Honour
I can't imagine anyone is dishing out £250,000 plus cars as courtesy vehicles, even for DBX owners

It won't be in the loan car fleet but they'll often throw demonstrators at customers who have cars in for work if they think it could prove beneficial down the line :p

Soldato
It won't be in the loan car fleet but they'll often throw demonstrators at customers who have cars in for work if they think it could prove beneficial down the line :p
Indeed, though I'd always assumed you'd at least have to ask for a car like that (evidently I was wrong there though) rather than randomly get thrown the keys and I'd probably think of that as more of an 'extended test drive' than the routine 'courtesy car' that popped into my mind.

Soldato
Well then... Err... Wrong thread :p

Haha you've got me there.

I totally agree on the effortless beautiful of the outside. The inside seems a bit contradictory though? Lots of random bits of "sport" stuff and aggressive shapes and layers?

Yeah agreed, the black w/ red stiching is much more beffiting a Ferrari or Lambo than an Aston. I specced one up in Aston racing green with the tan interior, oooofft.

Last edited:
Associate
Done my bit for JDM lovers everywhere and purchased....

51683073487_9b3d97e758_c.jpg

Got a week or 2 to wait before I pick it up. Mahooooosively excited.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Now that looks very tidy from the small photo. Completely stock? Looks like a very late one and rare colour too.

Would love to own a rotary for the experience. The FD is just timeless, above the MKIV Supra for me. Bet it wasn't cheap! I remember looking at scabby ones for £6k not that many years ago.

Associate
Now that looks very tidy from the small photo. Completely stock? Looks like a very late one and rare colour too.

Would love to own a rotary for the experience. The FD is just timeless, above the MKIV Supra for me. Bet it wasn't cheap! I remember looking at scabby ones for £6k not that many years ago.

It is completely stock bar a bumper protector around the exhaust area.

Yes very expensive, but they are getting rarer and rarer, with the prices in Japan only increasing if I didn't get one of the last ones now, they would be waaaaay out of the price range by the time the US market opens up.

51684805810_178966297a_c.jpg

51683120782_697c864f67_c.jpg

51683121222_aee7f46dd8_c.jpg

These photos just indicate the kind of condition it is in. The biggest issue I found was a bit of wear on the drivers seat bolster.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Niiice, that looks factory fresh almost. Will you be treating it to a full cavity and underbody seal or is this an investment that won't see much road use aside from ideal days?

Associate
Before I pick her up she is going to CSK Automotive for full unbody Dinitrol Clear treatment. I do intend on driving her and while maybe being tucked away in storage during the winter months I want to enjoy the car at every opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom