Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I don't have that many good pictures yet of the GT. But I love the Kona Blue colour - when the sun hits it, the sparkle is lovely. The colour shifts from a blue to a purple hue. So far only managed to machine polish the sides. Still got the bonnet, roof and boot to finish.

Fixed a few issues with it. Replaced some broken clips in the engine bay, broken arch liner clips, broken wing mirror triangle plastics. Removed the wrap someone had put on the chrome trim (badly). Wheels are booked in to be re-done and powder coated gloss black again. Someone has just wet sprayed these and in person, they are shocking. Overspray inside as well. Horrible finish. New tyres and new battery fitted, cleaned up the exhaust as it was covered in tar and what looked like burnt on rubber.

Also had it in to Ford and had the PCM and TCM flashed to fix the jerky 10R80 gearbox. And had the local garage do an oil and filter change (Shell Helix oil, K&N filter) and brake fluid change (Brembo).

Two small mods so far, Steeda panel filter in std. airbox and Steeda throttle body spacer. H-pipe on order. Must haves next... get the bonnet strut kit and the subframe alignment kit!

GT1.jpg

GT2.jpg

GT3.jpg

GT4.jpg

GT5.jpg

OcUK Staff
Donnington track day - perfect weather and pretty quiet!

3BBB5BA2-B148-4263-B989-B327AEC42862.jpeg 87C6B444-258C-4B38-9CB4-BCC2B9A4EF8D.jpeg 7D516A01-91F1-4916-A50C-5FB5F0B0ADF5.jpeg

Cant believe how good this thing is not the fastest on straight bits but it’s easily dealing with some of the heavier 500-600HP stuff and doing well against all the track stuff testing here. So well balanced !

OcUK Staff
I freaking love Donnington. Porsche is decent too :cry:

Yep it’s been several years and would be easy to get addicted again as this Spyder is every bit as good as my 911, could do with cup tyres I think and a more aggressive alignment as it’s getting understeer once tyres are hot.

Associate
Yep it’s been several years and would be easy to get addicted again as this Spyder is every bit as good as my 911, could do with cup tyres I think and a more aggressive alignment as it’s getting understeer once tyres are hot.

Double edged sword I guess, if you want to run the Porsche in the winter you will be drifting everywhere on Cups!

Soldato
Yes but it really is a small market at that price point. 23K gets you in a low mileage PDK 987.2 Boxster S.
Completely different cars.. you buy an s2k if you want a high reving Honda with one of the best manuals around. Porsche might be a better car on paper but s2000s have a lot of character that no other cars have. Probably the main reason I've still got mine, it's an event every time you take it out and like other unique classics people will pay for that experience. Compared to your s15s, r33 gtrs etc s2000s are still very cheap.

Caporegime
Completely different cars.. you buy an s2k if you want a high reving Honda with one of the best manuals around. Porsche might be a better car on paper but s2000s have a lot of character that no other cars have. Probably the main reason I've still got mine, it's an event every time you take it out and like other unique classics people will pay for that experience. Compared to your s15s, r33 gtrs etc s2000s are still very cheap.

A 987 Boxster S still revs to 7.5K and is a 6 cylinder boxer engine with 310HP in a light weight convertible. I am not sure how that is not characterful?

Soldato
So? It's still freaking ridiculous. Then again a subaru impreza wold for 205k at the NEC last week......
It's expensive yes but if you look at values of other cars it's basically nothing.. the whole market has shifted in one direction, even crappy boring daily cars have gained money. I have friends who bought 370z nismos and sold them 2 years later for 5k more :D insane.

Back
Top Bottom