Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
It's a total nut and bolt strip down so it's hard not taking it out sometimes but as long as I do get to use it when it counts!

Oh, they rust, trust me! Check this Grade 4 that cropped up recently lol

You can always nut and bolt it again......haha.

That is a little bit naughty isn't it. With the explosion of JDM prices I wonder if this will become a bit more prevalent.

They do rust.. Depending on which part of Japan it came from. Cold regions are best to be avoided.

This is true, but with 7's becoming less and less common most of the unloved ones will be disappearing. Or like the above, trying to be fobbed off as pristine examples.

Soldato
You can always nut and bolt it again......haha.

That is a little bit naughty isn't it. With the explosion of JDM prices I wonder if this will become a bit more prevalent.

This is true, but with 7's becoming less and less common most of the unloved ones will be disappearing. Or like the above, trying to be fobbed off as pristine examples.

They will do if people drive them through UK winters lol :D. Only ribbing, I'd be careful though bud.

I totally agree with the argument that it's a car, drive it - but in the same breath you've got to take these cars for what they are and treat them as such, unless one is happy for them to deteriorate like they would have when they were newer being driven. They're just not built for our climate, it is what it is. When it's as clean as yours you want it to remain that way, else you may as well have gotten one that was rougher around the edges and hoped for the best.

Associate
They will do if people drive them through UK winters lol :D. Only ribbing, I'd be careful though bud.

I totally agree with the argument that it's a car, drive it - but in the same breath you've got to take these cars for what they are and treat them as such, unless one is happy for them to deteriorate like they would have when they were newer being driven. They're just not built for our climate, it is what it is. When it's as clean as yours you want it to remain that way, else you may as well have gotten one that was rougher around the edges and hoped for the best.

Yea I get that. I've had it fully dinitrol'd and protected underneath and when I drove it to work it was dry and Kent has barely been salted. I have a few other cars to drive through the winter so it isn't going to be a daily!

It won't be long before the weather turns properly and she won't move for a while. Which is sad, as I want to drive her!

Permabanned
Golden hour was nice this afternoon, so popped out for a bimble and snapped a few pics :)

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

OcUK Staff
Happy Christmas everyone:

3FEB8280-ABCD-4E3D-A833-18AB68385B61.jpeg

Took a quick drive to the castle and then enjoyed some quiet Christmas Day roads in the GR Yaris, it’s a cracking bit of kit especially on Winter tyres this time of year. :)

Soldato
Still repping the American scene

American cars / trucks are installed in me for some reason. From my first Chevy back in 2015 i have had a few others since. Recently got this Z06 which after a few Supercars that i have owned this really surprised me how good it is for the cost. It really suits me, my driving style and what i enjoy about cars. My Ferrari 458 was beautiful with its curves etc, but for me this is more me.. Straght lines, wide arches, it has a muscle car feel while carrying itself further. I have only had it a few weeks and it needs a set of tyres as they are original and well passed it. So traction is fun, the box is a little old and slow but you soon learn to drive around it. Supposedly will do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. 650bhp and 900 nm torques. They take to modifications well too, a new intake system might yield 40bhp, which after having Nasp performance cars for years is just bonkers

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Then we have my Chevy Silverado, was a collectors car in the states who needed a few quid in 2018 and sent it to auction. It got bought by somebody here and had two owners since. 51k miles from new, the underside is like new, the whole car is original paintwork and is probably one of the best examples in the UK. I will never sell this car. It’s wrapped up in a carcoon in my workshop at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom