Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Exactly the same as mine, really poor! I switched the bulbs for brighter ones but I'm not sure if it made much of a difference.

I fitted Philips GT200 uprated bulbs to mine. Marginal improvement though nowhere near enough. A lot of the guys over on the Z4 forums say to turn the white plastic height adjuster one or two complete turns and it improves things a lot but doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers. I have not tried that as yet but will give it a pop at some point soon. Of course you could always go down the LED or HID kit route but then you will have to faff around with them and swap them out at MoT time for the old candlepower Halogens or risk a fail. And given the Z4's headlight bulbs are an utter faff to remove and refit via the wheel arch liner, I don't know if I can be arsed with the hassle :p

Associate
I fitted Philips GT200 uprated bulbs to mine. Marginal improvement though nowhere near enough. A lot of the guys over on the Z4 forums say to turn the white plastic height adjuster one or two complete turns and it improves things a lot but doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers. I have not tried that as yet but will give it a pop at some point soon. Of course you could always go down the LED or HID kit route but then you will have to faff around with them and swap them out at MoT time for the old candlepower Halogens or risk a fail. And given the Z4's headlight bulbs are an utter faff to remove and refit via the wheel arch liner, I don't know if I can be arsed with the hassle :p

Thankfully in 8 years of ownership I only ever had to change 1 bulb and that was a pain.

Man of Honour
rgkM5dn.jpg
BMW Taxi, Coffe Flask Edition
AMG GT-R, Temperamental Sat Nav Edition

Both filthy and needing TLC....as does my pointing (I know I know)

Back
Top Bottom