Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Awesome weekend of driving around the Scottish borders, amazing roads and extremely quiet too, covered circa 700 miles and burnt around £300 in fuel. :D

R1.jpg R2.jpg R3.jpg R4.jpg R5.jpg R6.jpg R7.jpg R8.jpg R9.jpg

R8 is such a great all rounder, best sound track for sure, certainly not the fastest the GT4 easily has the legs on it, but it has a real sense of speed and acceleration when your on it but when cruising also hides speed, which is quite an accomplishment, it is terrible on fuel though, lol. First day was not so bad, lots of motorway/dual carriage way and then fast A/B roads, days average was 20mpg.
Second day I lead for first part of stint so I drove like I was on a track day, averaged around 10mpg, lol, decided after leaving everyone behind apart from GT4, it was best we both re-locate to the back of the pack and go at a more steady pace, by the time I got home after a full day of driving including the the run down M6 to home, average was 17mpg. So yeah it drinks the fuel but the smiles are plenty and even with driving from 9am to 8pm not a single ache, the bucket seats are superbly comfortable, the ride is fantastic in soft mode for poor roads, still OK in sport mode, gear change superb, sound track intoxicating and just a good fun car to blast around in. Consider what they cost now, have to say they are somewhat a bargain as 40k gets you a very good manual example with low miles and if you want the performance buy the V10. But as I said to others in the group for me to experience the same enjoyment in a V10 I'd had been going another 20-30mph quicker to get same enjoyment and in a Gen2 (Huracan) the speeds would have been even higher again. Beauty of the V8 and a manual is I can drive it really hard, enjoy it and am not worried over my license.

It is also nice to have one in such a rare specification that makes it a truly unique example and as such it gets a lot of attention.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Awesome weekend of driving around the Scottish borders, amazing roads and extremely quiet too, covered circa 700 miles and burnt around £300 in fuel. :D

R6.jpg R7.jpg

R8 is such a great all rounder, best sound track for sure, certainly not the fastest the GT4 easily has the legs on it, but it has a real sense of speed and acceleration when your on it but when cruising also hides speed, which is quite an accomplishment, it is terrible on fuel though, lol. First day was not so bad, lots of motorway/dual carriage way and then fast A/B roads, days average was 20mpg.
Second day I lead for first part of stint so I drove like I was on a track day, averaged around 10mpg, lol, decided after leaving everyone behind apart from GT4, it was best we both re-locate to the back of the pack and go at a more steady pace, by the time I got home after a full day of driving including the the run down M6 to home, average was 17mpg. So yeah it drinks the fuel but the smiles are plenty and even with driving from 9am to 8pm not a single ache, the bucket seats are superbly comfortable, the ride is fantastic in soft mode for poor roads, still OK in sport mode, gear change superb, sound track intoxicating and just a good fun car to blast around in. Consider what they cost now, have to say they are somewhat a bargain as 40k gets you a very good manual example with low miles and if you want the performance buy the V10. But as I said to others in the group for me to experience the same enjoyment in a V10 I'd had been going another 20-30mph quicker to get same enjoyment and in a Gen2 (Huracan) the speeds would have been even higher again. Beauty of the V8 and a manual is I can drive it really hard, enjoy it and am not worried over my license.

It is also nice to have one in such a rare specification that makes it a truly unique example and as such it gets a lot of attention.
Could swear that is from Hartside summit and the second shot is Langley castle Hotel and not Scotland? Wish i had known you were around local, i would have had a ride out to have a droll over the cars and quick pint.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Could swear that is from Hartside summit the second shot is Langley castle Hotel and not Scotland? Wish i had known you were around local, i would have had a ride out to have a droll over the cars and quick pint.

Yes Hartside, Bamburgh Castle, Langley Castle, Scottish Borders and Pennines over the weekend.

Soldato
Hartside is a fantastic bit of road.

IMG-5201.jpg

Man of Honour
All that lovely clear glass spoilt by that horrible tint on the BMW.

I don't understand the hate for privacy glass, I wouldn't not have it on my cars. I was talking to one car dealer who was bemoaning it and saying they find selling cars with clear glass all around much easier and another who said the complete opposite - though one was catering more to the budget market and the other to more premium cars mind.

Caporegime
What a random thing to pick up on haha!

Privacy glass is great. Most cars in Japan have it. Lots of luxury cars have it. Most cars in hot countries like Australia have it.

It keeps some of the sun out and means you stand less chance of getting caught picking your nose. :p

Personally I think it improves the look of a car too.

Limo tints on the other hand are a bit silly. You can't see to reverse at night and things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand the hate for privacy glass, I wouldn't not have it on my cars. I was talking to one car dealer who was bemoaning it and saying they find selling cars with clear glass all around much easier and another who said the complete opposite - though one was catering more to the budget market and the other to more premium cars mind.
It looks odd when the windows are different colours.

Soldato
I was anti-tint -- I had white Fiesta and it made it look like a van. But with a little one, it is a real game changer. The PUG doesn't get a second thought but in the E43 I have to untangle the window blinds...

Soldato
In what way, don't they just stick to the window via suckers?
1. you have to remember them
2. they stop the window going down
3. ok great so get the over the door frame fabric ones -- you have to remove them because they break the door seals/see point 1

I'm still anti tint from an aesthetics PoV but I understand the problem they solve.

Back
Top Bottom