Show Us Your Motors!

Needs must. I fancied something that I could depend on, and that got better fuel economy for the 22,000 miles a year I do on average. I decided to buy new, which left me limited to what I could afford the payments on per month (didn't want a final balloon payment, and wanted to put down a sizeable chunk of the cars value from day 0) This was the best fit I could get with the kit I wanted and without a wait time of a few months minimum.

Granted its not exactly what I would love to go for (originally sized up the new A6), but its actually a very nice (and surprisingly quiet, quieter than my A6 was) drive.

Needs must. I fancied something that I could depend on, and that got better fuel economy for the 22,000 miles a year I do on average. I decided to buy new, which left me limited to what I could afford the payments on per month (didn't want a final balloon payment, and wanted to put down a sizeable chunk of the cars value from day 0) This was the best fit I could get with the kit I wanted and without a wait time of a few months minimum.

Granted its not exactly what I would love to go for (originally sized up the new A6), but its actually a very nice (and surprisingly quiet, quieter than my A6 was) drive.

Out of interest, did you consider nearly new? Not having a go or anything, I'm genuinely interested when people are into cars buy something that isn't exotic new. How did the figures stack up? Did you consider leasing?

I did indeed consider nearly new. Because of the deals Audi are offering on the new cars, it actually made less financial sense to go for used. The used ones were £2-3k cheaper (there has only been this spec facelift car for under a year), there is obviously no "dealership" or "Audi UK" contribution to the deposit (which in reality brought the cost of the new one under the value of the used ones), and the finance rates were lower. Add in that I bartered the cost of the car down, it became significantly cheaper than a used one.

All-in-all, the value works out better on new than used at the moment.

I had a brand new 136(?)bhp A4 in Spain this summer and thing it was a very competent car but it's not for me, and the seats are not very good at all.

Surprised no one's attacking you for buying a brand new 4-pot diesel on finance ;)

Enjoy it thought if it makes sense for you. How much are your monthly payments?

That sounds encouraging, will you consider selling after 1 year to minimise depreciation? How did finance compared to bank loan?

The plan currently is 18 months, then upgrade to something else. Bank loan was about the same interest rate, but without the Audi package I'd not have got the dealership deposit contribution.

I had a brand new 136(?)bhp A4 in Spain this summer and thing it was a very competent car but it's not for me, and the seats are not very good at all.

I find the seats to be adequate, certainly comfortable, but not as good as the S-Line seats I had previously.

Surprised no one's attacking you for buying a brand new 4-pot diesel on finance ;)

I'm awaiting it. :p

Enjoy it thought if it makes sense for you. How much are your monthly payments?

Makes more sense right now than other options (bar buying an older car outright), but placing that amount down as the deposit (plus my car, plus dealer contribution, plus Audi contribution) means that a decent chunk of the car is already paid for. I'm paying ~£250/m.

I assume he finds it amusing that you chose to say 'the advertised rate' and make someone go and look it up rather than just say 6.5% or whatever it was :p

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4069/62127051315792204535737.jpg[OMG]

my new motor.

perfect car for the youngsters such as myself when insurance is sky high.

65mpg, tax free, 5 years warrenty.

job done.[/QUOTE]

Spending 7-8k on a car like that to save on insurance. #winning@life.

Last edited:
Looks alright.
My ex had a c1 and it was a diabolical thing to drive but I guess it's a means to an end and presents an avenue of inexpensive motoring for a new driver.

Could be worse janesy, he could have got a 19 year old Toyota with the same sort of money...

I never understood why they make the aygo/c1 etc in a 4 door variant.

Back
Top Bottom