Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
IMG_0589_zps82aff222.jpg

The Saab at Elvington. It's the only picture I personally took mainly because of the 458 in the background.

Associate
Looks good!

It does, just make sure it's not serviced on the long life oil intervals. Ignoring the fuel usage it's a ok engine with a acceptable power output, especially for someone young.

edit: Just read that back and it sounded harsh, my mum had an a3 with the same engine and she was very happy with it for 8 years (other than a engine rebuild due to oil), only shopped it in to get some ground clearance.

Last edited:
Associate
It does, just make sure it's not serviced on the long life oil intervals. Ignoring the fuel usage it's a ok engine with a acceptable power output, especially for someone young.

edit: Just read that back and it sounded harsh, my mum had an a3 with the same engine and she was very happy with it for 8 years (other than a engine rebuild due to oil), only shopped it in to get some ground clearance.

Its got a full service history its on 90k but it doesn't seem like it, was obviously well looked after, i'll probably service it myself over the easter period which will be just under a year since the last, btw what engines your 9-3 got? Turboooo?

Associate
Its got a full service history its on 90k but it doesn't seem like it, was obviously well looked after, i'll probably service it myself over the easter period which will be just under a year since the last, btw what engines your 9-3 got? Turboooo?

The vag 1.8 seem to need oil at about 10k/1 year so get it done. I'd also recommend one of the stronger under trays unless you stick to good roads as the sumps crack very easily.

Mines a 9-5, 2.3 turbo with a remap so should be putting out circa 270bp. Yesterday on track, today it did normal car duties with bikes in the back along uncleared snowy roads at Dalby.

Associate
The vag 1.8 seem to need oil at about 10k/1 year so get it done. I'd also recommend one of the stronger under trays unless you stick to good roads as the sumps crack very easily.

Mines a 9-5, 2.3 turbo with a remap so should be putting out circa 270bp. Yesterday on track, today it did normal car duties with bikes in the back along uncleared snowy roads at Dalby.

Yeh its a job for over easter i got it in may and it was serviced then so no hurry yet, and nice i'm after something turbo with room to remap probably in a year or so's time will probably be a 20v turbo, a cupra or vrs along those lines.

Associate
Yeh its a job for over easter i got it in may and it was serviced then so no hurry yet, and nice i'm after something turbo with room to remap probably in a year or so's time will probably be a 20v turbo, a cupra or vrs along those lines.

Driving a friends Cupra R was what pushed me to getting something reasonably quick again but it wasn't exactly interesting to drive. Just a reasonable level of power (200ish bhp) is nice and as long as you can put up with the fuel usage it makes for a much more pleasurable general driving experience. If you're aiming for purely enjoyment irrespective of speed then I'd aim for rwd and as light as possible but accept it'll be slower.

Back
Top Bottom