Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
VRS.jpg

DIRTY GIRL! (It needs a wash big time)

Just had front lower bushes (front and rear) done,a new thermostat and diverter valve and she's running so much better now. Handling is 10x better and just seems so much smoother + quiter at idle, also holding a nice 90-96 degrees for my whole journey to and from work today after its up to temperature (was about 75 degrees before).

:D, was so happy i took a picture after i got home from work today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had front lower bushes (front and rear) done,a new thermostat and diverter valve and she's running so much better now. Handling is 10x better and just seems so much smoother + quiter at idle, also holding a nice 90-96 degrees for my whole journey to and from work today after its up to temperature (was about 75 degrees before).

:D, was so happy i took a picture after i got home from work today.

Where did you get the thermostat ? reason I ask is my Golf had a similair running temp as yours 79-80c, my sister's relatively new S3 ran at around 88-90c so I decided to replace it but my local dealer advised the ko3 equipped TFSIs have a 80c thermostat and the ko4 TFSIs have a 87c thermostat. They confirmed with VW technical that mine should be running at round 80-82c when up to temp unless under heavy load.

After I hooked up VCDS the first thing I noticed was the temperture sensor on the aircon display undereads by 2c, after monitoring the engine outlet temp and radiator outlet temp my thermostat was opening at 79c and I assume fully open by 80c, despite the aircon reading 79-80c my engine was sitting at 81-82c bang on spec going by what VW advised. One top of this they advised the engine will give a fault code if over cooled. In short I think yours might be running a little hot.

I would also recommend getting your topmounts replaced mines were very worn by 70k.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Where did you get the thermostat ? reason I ask is my Golf had a similair running temp as yours 79-80c, my sister's relatively new S3 ran at around 88-90c so I decided to replace it but my local dealer advised the ko3 equipped TFSIs have a 80c thermostat and the ko4 TFSIs have a 87c thermostat. They confirmed with VW technical that mine should be running at round 80-82c when up to temp unless under heavy load.

After I hooked up VCDS the first thing I noticed was the temperture sensor on the aircon display undereads by 2c, after monitoring the engine outlet temp and radiator outlet temp my thermostat was opening at 79c and I assume fully open by 80c, despite the aircon reading 79-80c my engine was sitting at 81-82c bang on spec going by what VW advised. One top of this they advised the engine will give a fault code if over cooled. In short I think yours might be running a little hot.

I would also recommend getting your topmounts replaced mines were very soft by 70k.

Genuine Skoda thermostat for my car from main Skoda dealer (Rainworth Skoda).

Before it would run at 75/76 degrees which meant when coasting down hill or plodding along in 4th at 30mph it would often drop below. It would drop as low as 65 degrees or less when coasting down a hill so the needle was often dropping from centre. Even idling for ages it would sit at 77/78 degrees. The middle needle is clearly weighted from 74 degrees (As once under 74 degrees on the climatronic, the needle would start to drop off the centre)

Now it doesnt drop at all under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Soldato
Genuine Skoda thermostat for my car from main Skoda dealer (Rainworth Skoda).

Before it would run at 75/76 degrees which meant when coasting down hill or plodding along in 4th at 30mph it would often drop below. It would drop as low as 65 degrees or less when coasting down a hill so the needle was often dropping from centre. Even idling for ages it would sit at 77/78 degrees. The middle needle is clearly weighted from 74 degrees (As once under 74 degrees on the climatronic, the needle would start to drop off the centre)

Now it doesnt drop at all under any circumstances.

Does sound like your old one was gone and Skoda are unlikely have supplied the wrong part, mines doesn't go under 79c on the aircon display or drop from 90c. Going by VCDS the gauge will read 90c from 75c up to 115c with the fan kicking in at 100c and full speed at 115c.

Caporegime
Does sound like your old one was gone and Skoda are unlikely have supplied the wrong part, mines doesn't go under 79c on the aircon display or drop from 90c. Going by VCDS the gauge will read 90c from 75c up to 115c with the fan kicking in at 100c and full speed at 115c.

Yeh, the dropping when coasting wasnt right. For example at 70 on the motorway ( so constant revs at 2.5-3kish) temps would be 77/78 and then if i just coasted, even for a little bit they would drop to 74/75.

I'm 100% certain it is the correct thermostat. I don't see why Skoda dealers would even stock a KO4 thermostat (if they are different) as Skoda have never made a car with the KO4 engine.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Few pics of the damage after the ditch incident in January before the car goes in for repair on Monday.

_MG_1893.jpg

_MG_1896.jpg

_MG_1897.jpg

_MG_1898.jpg

_MG_1905.jpg

Also some scrote was clearly not content with the existing damage so has decided to kick the bonnet (with a rough stone in his shoe by the look of it) and make it a bit worse. Add on the cost of a bonnet respray to the total bill then :mad:

_MG_1912.jpg

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Also some scrote was clearly not content with the existing damage so has decided to kick the bonnet (with a rough stone in his shoe by the look of it) and make it a bit worse. Add on the cost of a bonnet respray to the total bill then :mad:

_MG_1912.jpg

Broken Windows Theory

Consider a building with a few broken windows. If the windows are not repaired, the tendency is for vandals to break a few more windows. Eventually, they may even break into the building, and if it's unoccupied, perhaps become squatters or light fires inside. Or consider a sidewalk. Some litter accumulates. Soon, more litter accumulates. Eventually, people even start leaving bags of trash from take-out restaurants there or even break into cars.

Criminologists have tested this theory; they left a car parked in a neighborhood for a few weeks and nothing happened to it. The criminologists smashed a window and parked it up again in the same spot. This lead to the car being vandalised on numerous occasions by several different people.

So next time hide your car :p

Caporegime
Broken Windows Theory

Criminologists have tested this theory; they left a car parked in a neighborhood for a few weeks and nothing happened to it. The criminologists smashed a window and parked it up again in the same spot. This lead to the car being vandalised on numerous occasions by several different people.

So next time hide your car :p

Same with people throwing more rubbish on a pile of rubbish on the street when they would normally use a bin. Peoples are weird, I don't like them.

Back
Top Bottom