Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I think this quite visibly demonstrates RWD vs FWD at corner exit.

https://youtu.be/5pD77hr0yrM?t=6m56s

I would have had a small power advantage but he had better tyres, sequential, full race prepped machine so I don't think out and out brute force was the deciding factor.

He probably also makes up the power difference with less weight as well

Soldato
I know this will sound weird being as I own a 120d... but it's now 217BHP/334LBFT and the handling is very good on standard suspension I have to say! It's a very balanced motor and on the road it's probably actually better than my Civic Type R I spent a few bob on suspension mods and alignment because it's compliant. But understeer and oversteer have not been a problem, where as in my ST (about 290BHP) it did have it's moments for a good handling car! Acme you need more experience yet dude :)

Associate
RWD cars can be fun but no real performance car is FWD. The best I'd say you'll get in a FWD car would be a Honda Integra. If you're putting more power and expecting better handling then you have to go for RWD!

Soldato
Nonsense. You've clearly not driven a good FWD / AWD car.

Not sure what part of my post you're attacking, I didn't specify that I didn't like FWD cars or that they can't be good, I merely stated that you'll understand the fuss when you've had a RWD. Nice attempt at a strawman, though.

As for what I've driven...

Had an RS Clio 200 for a year, that was good fun but the final nail in the FWD coffin for myself.

As for the AWD comment, no - I've not had much experience I'll admit. I had an xDrive F31 Touring for a week whilst mine was in for repairs, and again, I'd prefer a dedicated RWD motor over that.

Associate
the ST after a little clean up

focus%20st%20pic2.jpg

Focus%20ST.jpg

Soldato
New cheapo workhorse, seems decent but early days. Not used to DSG, not a fan of the stop start with it. Seems to ride well, more road noise than the Leon, seats nice but not as supportive. Cant complain for the mad deal though

30l03mx.jpg

mblr8k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom