Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Yes Alpine London prep was nothing short of astonishing, before my collection they did:
- Fuel pump recall done
- Major service even though it was only 300 miles since its previous service
- Full paint correction machine polish
- Full tank of Shell Vpower

Robert was nothing short of exceptional, the only two issues I have noticed with the car and one I was expecting:
- The car is nervous on straight ahead at speed, tramlining easily, this is because Alpine in their wisdom set quite a lot of front-end toe out, talking over ten minutes per side and hence why owners see such transformations from alignment setup, I have the settings from Life110 which I shall be sorting.
- Second is an annoying squeak when coming of the go pedal, in short the exhaust valve is squeaking, I have flagged the issue this morning with Alpine London and they have replied stating it shall be repaired/replaced, from looking on forums again common issue which is normally resolved by a new sports exhaust. Only audible windows down, but I don't want a squeaking car and they are happy to let Alpine RRG Manchester do the replacement as same dealer network.

I will sort the alignment once my mates Hunter is free as am just going to put the Life110 fast road / track setup on all round, got replacement set of wheels arriving today with PS4 tyres, as shall save the Cup 2 tyres for track work but the Alpine front-end is far better than my Exige was on Cup 2 in such cold/damp conditions as that literally would no turn whereas the Alpine seems to have alarmingly high levels of grip and from what I can gather both the Exige and Alpine both weigh 1100kg and both mid-engine but the Alpine is double wishbone setup both front and rear, not sure what Exige was and having driven the car a little more the ride on my S seems spot on, it certainly feels softer than the 21 S I drove but 22 onwards is where they got revised to 300PS and maybe Alpine made other tweaks, but once PS4 are on and alignment done ride will be better again, I shall check the springs and dampers, just in case.

I also did an LC in it, cannot believe it has LC and on its little computer it recorded a 3.92s 0-60mph dash, but it does feel properly quick as well and the way it changes direction is uncanny, absolutely a baby McLaren in making, it is in short a French Lotus or a baby McLaren but with far far cheaper running cost, amazing fuel economy, insurance is £300, only expensive part is the £550 road tax for first five years and then its £180 on sixth birthday onwards. :)

I felt totally the same, always in pictures was of the thought the two small round lights need deleting as it just looks weird, strangely enough I never had fault with rear end. In person though when I spotted one at a car meet a few months back it really grabbed my attention as I said to my other half I always thought they were ugly, I then decided to go drive one, that was a mistake as I ended up buying one. :D
Agree with Rilot on the rear, I catch mine at certain angles and think it doesn’t look quite right. Personally think the front is spot on. Life110 skirts and rear lip seem to tie it altogether which I’m still considering. More generally I just love how small it is without compromising comfort. Something nearly all new cars are completely missing.

I think the salesmen all agree the test drive is the secret weapon, anyone with half an interest as to how things go down the road can’t help but be impressed it seems.

I think factory geo is biased toward understeer toward the limit, so front end should only improve once you get the geo done.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Other set of wheels turned up these are basically identical to the wheels on car just more spokes are diamond cut. In short identical wheels original set are called GT Race and these are called Grand Prix.

As the car came on GT Race with Michelin Cup 2 215/40/18 and 245/40/18 tyres I did not want to risk using these in all weathers on the road and with the Mrs driving just in case the cup 2 do their no grip in cold and wet.

As such the deal was so good that I grabbed the set of Grand Prix wheels as they came with 2022 stamped Michelin PS4 205/40/18 and 235/40/18 tyres which are much better in cold/wet.

Also means I can save the cups for track days. :)

Before:

IMG_6247.jpeg

After:

IMG_6250.jpeg

Love the looks on both wheels though the fatter cup 2 tyres look more aggressive.

Had another drive this evening on PS4S no changes and still insane grip in dry, it’s a lot of fun!

Soldato
Yes Alpine London prep was nothing short of astonishing, before my collection they did:
- Fuel pump recall done
- Major service even though it was only 300 miles since its previous service
- Full paint correction machine polish
- Full tank of Shell Vpower

Robert was nothing short of exceptional, the only two issues I have noticed with the car and one I was expecting:
- The car is nervous on straight ahead at speed, tramlining easily, this is because Alpine in their wisdom set quite a lot of front-end toe out, talking over ten minutes per side and hence why owners see such transformations from alignment setup, I have the settings from Life110 which I shall be sorting.
- Second is an annoying squeak when coming of the go pedal, in short the exhaust valve is squeaking, I have flagged the issue this morning with Alpine London and they have replied stating it shall be repaired/replaced, from looking on forums again common issue which is normally resolved by a new sports exhaust. Only audible windows down, but I don't want a squeaking car and they are happy to let Alpine RRG Manchester do the replacement as same dealer network.

I will sort the alignment once my mates Hunter is free as am just going to put the Life110 fast road / track setup on all round, got replacement set of wheels arriving today with PS4 tyres, as shall save the Cup 2 tyres for track work but the Alpine front-end is far better than my Exige was on Cup 2 in such cold/damp conditions as that literally would no turn whereas the Alpine seems to have alarmingly high levels of grip and from what I can gather both the Exige and Alpine both weigh 1100kg and both mid-engine but the Alpine is double wishbone setup both front and rear, not sure what Exige was and having driven the car a little more the ride on my S seems spot on, it certainly feels softer than the 21 S I drove but 22 onwards is where they got revised to 300PS and maybe Alpine made other tweaks, but once PS4 are on and alignment done ride will be better again, I shall check the springs and dampers, just in case.

I also did an LC in it, cannot believe it has LC and on its little computer it recorded a 3.92s 0-60mph dash, but it does feel properly quick as well and the way it changes direction is uncanny, absolutely a baby McLaren in making, it is in short a French Lotus or a baby McLaren but with far far cheaper running cost, amazing fuel economy, insurance is £300, only expensive part is the £550 road tax for first five years and then its £180 on sixth birthday onwards. :)

I felt totally the same, always in pictures was of the thought the two small round lights need deleting as it just looks weird, strangely enough I never had fault with rear end. In person though when I spotted one at a car meet a few months back it really grabbed my attention as I said to my other half I always thought they were ugly, I then decided to go drive one, that was a mistake as I ended up buying one. :D
That's good they did that then...hope they treat your Alpine better than my RS I would never go back to them again. Lets just say trust is everything, despite buying my RS new from them they did not treat me or my car with much respect & its a fairly common complaint about that particular dealership on the RS side ...but the Alpine side might be different to the Renault side.....!

Caporegime
Alpine A110 is one of the few new cars I actually get excited to see on the streets. Just something about them that seems proportionally so right. Very jealous!

I think this car will go down as one of the last greats of ICE. It has the perfect combination of light weight to power. Spiritual successor to the Elise really.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Finally got the spacers on, fitment is spot on IMO, looks great and doesn't rub! (no, the front tyre isn't bald, its just the focus!)

PXL-20240312-181636916-EDIT1.jpg

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Love it. I've not seen one on the road yet but the turbo era Type-Rs don't seem as common as the EP3 & FN2 were. I do miss my EP3 sometimes. I hate the rear wing however I wouldn't say no to one as a daily in a few years.

50k! Wow. The EP3 was 16k and FN2 was about 18k IIRC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom