Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I have commited the cardinal OCUK sin of black wheels again on my IPACE replacement with another IPACE. This is a 400 SPORT (MY24.5) so back to an awesome spec and although I requested a build change to the silver 22" wheels rather than these the slot was already confirmed.... so its the BatJag now! :p :cool:

Same powertrain with 400bhp and 90kWh but a fair few upgrades over the white one; namely.
  • Carpathian Grey premium paint + Rear Spoiler
  • Oyster interior :Leather steering wheel & Windsor heated & cooled Performance Seats; heated rear seats Suedecloth headliner
  • Adaptive Dynamics so CONTINUOUS VARIABLE DAMPING on air.
  • 360 Surround Camera, HUD & Matrix
  • Meridian 3D Surround Sound System, Lower touchscreen & Configurable Cabin interior lighting.

nCmKcV6h.jpg

2NCpG7Dh.jpg

m560Q83h.jpg

tkA4098h.jpg

W9IgMnSh.jpg

Plem1M7h.jpg

Caporegime
I have commited the cardinal OCUK sin of black wheels again on my IPACE replacement with another IPACE. This is a 400 SPORT (MY24.5) so back to an awesome spec and although I requested a build change to the silver 22" wheels rather than these the slot was already confirmed.... so its the BatJag now! :p :cool:

Same powertrain with 400bhp and 90kWh but a fair few upgrades over the white one; namely.
  • Oyster interior :Leather steering wheel & Windsor heated & cooled Performance Seats; heated rear seats Suedecloth headliner
  • Meridian 3D Surround Sound System, Lower touchscreen & Configurable Cabin interior lighting.

nCmKcV6h.jpg

2NCpG7Dh.jpg

m560Q83h.jpg

tkA4098h.jpg

W9IgMnSh.jpg

Plem1M7h.jpg
Very nice spec, I miss my iPace sometimes, was a fun drive.

Last edited:
Soldato

SNIP

The interior would be nicer if it wasn't for the cheapo piano black look on the center console. Really spoils it for me. Otherwise very nice, and decent spec! How's the sound system?

Last edited:
Soldato
The interior would be nicer if it wasn't for the cheapo piano black look on the center console. Really spoils it for me. Otherwise very nice, and decent spec! How's the sound system?
With this one the lower touchscreen is there rather than the buttons so it’s actually ok, nothing shouts cheap as it’s such a curved surface, the buttons are hidden until lit types too. Real world I prefer the lower spec buttons (which was actually developed for the Waymo cars) I like how above glovebox now is satin rather than gloss though cos yeah, piano black is just a pain.

Sound system good so far, great soundstage and Spotify in car has a decent bitrate, just gonna run the speakers in a little first. Really nice ambiance with light interior but light treadplates is probably a step too far long term!

Last edited:
Soldato
Took some pictures of the XE after a walk last night, haven't been able to keep it clean for more than a day since I got it. Also had a nice conversation with a petrol station attendant not long prior, very complimentary and asking questions about it. Must not seen many of them around.
I owned the pre-facelift XE, was a lovely car. Remote start was a great novelty given it is a petrol (normally hybrids/electrics).

I can count on one hand how many facelifts I have seen in the real world. It just seems JLR had no interest in selling it.

Soldato
I owned the pre-facelift XE, was a lovely car. Remote start was a great novelty given it is a petrol (normally hybrids/electrics).

I can count on one hand how many facelifts I have seen in the real world. It just seems JLR had no interest in selling it.
It's a nice feature on those extra cold mornings.

Shame about the sales volumes, it's a great little car. It's not the most luxurious, well put together or powerful car I've ever owned but there's just something about it.. It handles excellently.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a nice feature on those extra cold mornings.

Shame about the sales volumes, it's a great little car. It's not the most luxurious, well put together or powerful car I've ever owner but there's just something about it.. It handles excellently.
The only reason I got rid of mine is because @Jonnycoupe allowed them to weld the rear seats upright unless you ticked a £50 option :rolleyes:. Mine was already half built when I ordered it, so I was stuck with the dumbest issue ever.

I had the same issue on my XF but at least in that one, they just deleted the "lever" and you could jerry-rig a release mechanism.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not the most luxurious, well put together or powerful car I've ever owned but there's just something about it.. It handles excellently.

That doesn't sound great. Presumably it's not the most practical car either given that they look to have chopped half the boot off?

Caporegime
The only reason I got rid of mine is because @Jonnycoupe allowed them to weld the rear seats upright unless you ticked a £50 option :rolleyes:

Thats a pretty thick design decision... The only time it makes sense to do that is if there is something obstructing things so folding seats would be pointless or impossible, like the fuel tank being behind the seats in big Toyotas and Lexus, or having an integral fridge, air purifier, or something like that in a luxury car.

To have them fully fixed for no good reason is just bizarre. :p

Soldato
Squeezed the Fiesta track car in to my small garage. Got some evenings booked at Donington and days at Blyton and Anglesey over the summer.

Had the Boxster for 8 months now, hardly used recently but still love it and looking forward to driving it to Le Mans in June.

I've had the Honda Eny1 for a month or so on the cheap PCP deals that were around. Terrible efficiency and therefore range but being able to charge at work means it's very cheap motoring.
I have an E:Ny1. First EV I've owned so I don't know what constitutes terrible efficiency but I get roughly 3-4 miles per KwH and ~220 miles per charge with no climate control and 170 miles from a full charge using climate control.

Last edited:
Soldato
Regarding the seats. I think that was a copy BMW option at great error. The Covid and semi conductor issue basically screwed the Castle Brom Jaguars up (XE,XF & F-TYPE) production stopped as everything was prioritised to the new Range Rover :(

Last edited:
Soldato
That doesn't sound great. Presumably it's not the most practical car either given that they look to have chopped half the boot off?

I'll expand on my post,

It's a fantastic car, I've grown very fond of it in the short time I've had it - I would even say it's potentially the best car I've ever owned. It handles beautifully, you can feel the complicated suspension setup doing its thing and it ticks all of the boxes for me.

This particular trim had every spec I wanted like adaptive cruise, meridian sound, heated windscreen, the fold down seats dlockers mentioned, keyless entry, blind spot etc etc etc

I say not the most luxurious or well put together because I had a G30 and D300 Velar prior to it.. Yes, a G30 is more well put together. Yes, the Jag has annoying piano black trim and yes, it could do with another 100 BHP but there's something about this car that puts a big smile on my face whenever I walk back to it or press that start button.

Back
Top Bottom