Show Us Your Racks

Soldato
I hate spare equipment would rather not have any spare if i can help it. Gets messy even if it's tidy lol.
I'm estimating we have at least 60 racks for spare equipment so it's not too bad and then the store room (ok that is quite messy :p).

At least it's there for when you need it!

Soldato
I always wonder what puts Cisco ahead of the rest, only used basic Cisco routers and switches during my studying but will be introduced to the higher end stuff over the next couple of years. Asking in a Cisco office isn't going to get me the best answer!

Going to fiddle with a few 7606s on Monday - even though I have no idea about them :D

Permabanned
I always wonder what puts Cisco ahead of the rest, only used basic Cisco routers and switches during my studying but will be introduced to the higher end stuff over the next couple of years. Asking in a Cisco office isn't going to get me the best answer!

Going to fiddle with a few 7606s on Monday - even though I have no idea about them :D

Stability, security & features.

Associate
Heres my little home set up with a 12U rack, I have set up the 3rd small bedroom of my house into a little office/man cave for myself, I installed network ports around the house and all come back up to this room.

There are a couple of before pics when it was sat on the shelf and a heap of mess and then a pic of it neated up with 1 of my 2 HP Microservers and a new UPS.

Kit wise I have an APC network controlled power switch, Virgin 50mb Broadband modem, Netgear Prosafe VPN Router, Dlink gigabit switch, 1 Microserver is for a NAS, the other backup and the huuuuuge Xigamax case houses my SR2 VMware ESXi server with 2 x hex core Xeons @ 4.2ghz, 24 threads of watercooled goodness :)

homenetwork2.jpg

homenetwork1.jpg

12u1.jpg

12u3.jpg

What is the small glass case you use and how much was it?

I'm a bit lost with all your kit! Could you please explain what is in each photo if it's not too much trouble :)

Associate
Ok so it is pretty much empty, but that will change with a bit of time. :)

*Image of rack*

Slowly starting to fill it up. :)

Bottom is a Cisco 3550, middle and top are 2950G. Big thing next to the rack is just a 6509 chassis.
Came with 2x 3000W (I think) power supplies and the more powerful fan tray. Just needs a decent
supervisor and some line cards before it can be used.

Been using these & GNS3 for some Cisco labs. Was moving them around when I took the pic hence
the lack of cables. :p

SEMVqh.jpg

Soldato
But it's so big :p

Sold my Skeletek 16U rack last night as well as 2 routers. Only got the 1 router to sell now. Room feels empty!

Got my 4 x 1841 Routers (1 as a terminal server) and 3 x Cisco WS-3650-48TS Switches setup at work though, so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom