Show us your TFT setups!!

Associate
if my desk area werent so cluttered n full of poop i woulda loved postin my lowly Sony TFT for u all to see :( Its only the SDM-HS94P model tho - is the new model any good? I dunno if I like the look of it - bit too squarish n the base dont look like it can move much - can u enlighten us please?

Soldato
JonRohan said:
What do you think of it mate? Any good for gaming, im going to buy one tomorrow I think.

Fantastic. Seriously, such a good good screen. Colours are incredible and with its 12ms response handles games flawlessly. Best money i've spent on a PC part to be honest, and i've spent a fair bit! :)

Looks the part too. Usually i'll find something i dont like about the screens i see around the web..not this one though. Looks great.

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
Fantastic. Seriously, such a good good screen. Colours are incredible and with its 12ms response handles games flawlessly. Best money i've spent on a PC part to be honest, and i've spent a fair bit! :)

Looks the part too. Usually i'll find something i dont like about the screens i see around the web..not this one though. Looks great.

Cheers dude. Its great to get a viewpoint from a user :).

Ill be ordering that on tues.

Associate
1.JPG

Permabanned
I got my LG today, very nice it is too but my desk is only 75% built and I have nothing to resize pics with on the machine that is wired up.

Permabanned
Ok these pics were taken with the MDA compact to reduce file size so apologies for the poor quality.
My desk is not finished so go easy on the wires and the mess :p

Associate
My Dell 2405FPW (best dammed thing I've bought in years on the eyecandy front); if it was not shared with the wife, I would have built the desk more like a cockpit of a WW2 plane (yes, I am a flight sim junky)...=)

desk1compressed9de.jpg

Life is sometimes a trade-off between total and utter self-indulgence and her in doors...lol

Some nice neat setups chaps

S!ap

Associate
MrMr3, what's that cool looking black keyboard m8?
I'm after a keyboard in black but ideally something with the ergonomic layout of my Microsoft naturel one...Any ideas?

Permabanned
Slap said:
My Dell 2405FPW (best dammed thing I've bought in years on the eyecandy front); if it was not shared with the wife, I would have built the desk more like a cockpit of a WW2 plane (yes, I am a flight sim junky)...=) Life is sometimes a trade-off between total and utter self-indulgence and her in doors...lol

Some nice neat setups chaps

S!ap

Buy her a laptop it worked for me although I have allowed a little space on one end of my desk for her if it ever becomes necessary.
I can't get over how much room my 19" TFT saves me over an old 17" CRT it is incredible.
Infact it has left me room for another couple of TFTs hmmmm.

Soldato
VIRII, what LG screen is that? I am deciding whether I should order the LG L1750H 17" LCD Monitor, Viewsonic VX715 X Series 17" LCD Monitor or the Viewsonic VX715 X Series 17" LCD Monitor.

At the moment I like the LG screen, are you pleased with yours? and what model is it?

Permabanned
Mine is the 1950H 12ms with DVI.
On the advice of baddass I went for this one instead of an 8ms for the better viewing angle.
I have only had it a few hours but feel very chuffed with it so far.
I decided that the viewsonic was a little fussy looking for me with that extra silver trim around the edges. I like plain and simple stuff.
I will hook it up to my gaming rig later and try some doom3 etc. I am currently watching a couple of films and its great for that so far. If it lives up to expectation I'll get another one maybe another 2.

Soldato
Specs.. ummm... ah yes - 20ms response time, contrast ratio 430:1. That's all I can remember :p

Desktop - XP with custom theme + Samurize :)

Man of Honour
OP
VIRII said:
Oooh pretty !!!

Thats a nice looking monitor what are the specs like ?
And what desktop are you running ?

indeed, a rare breed :) nice screen and always was a big fav at Tom's Hardware guide. 20ms Hydis panel as said above, and still a very nice choice....shame Hercules took it off the market

Back
Top Bottom