Show us your TFT setups!!

Soldato
015.jpg

KaHn

Soldato
Stag said:
Stunning setup Mr Latte.

I'm considering getting a projector, though unsure if my bedrooms size could do it justice or if I should just stick with my Medion 30" LCD. I'm interested to know how far away the projector is from the screen?

Thanks for your kind words.
Its true though ive never really gone for a traditional layout always just wanted something more. As for distance the screen i have is 80" diag and approx 38" high. The projector is approx 9 ft back from the screen as the AE700 offers one of the widest throws and even in the smallest of rooms i rekon 50"+ is possible. If anything im sitting too close approx 8ft to it but gees its totally in your face which i love.

Believe it or not the picture is actually better than the medion and even the blacks are better particulary black level detail in movies. The Medion also didnt offer 480p 720p etc and i always thought of it more as a better monitor than a TV, mine got sold to fund the PJ, no regrets at all.

Look here for projection distances but id recommed a secondary screen dont think a PJ for fulltime use would be wise.
Distance Calculator
MY AE700 Model

Last edited:
Soldato
Used the money that I had saved up for a trip overseas on these instead :)
Here's my twin Sharp 17" LL-172A's. Got a Sammy 172X on the way in a weeks time to go in between the two. The Sharp's are stunning, even though they're 16ms buggers the ghosting is hardly noticeable. Can't get a good shot due to the flash at night :/

DSC00686.JPG

Large Image

DSC00696.JPG

Misc Pic

Last edited:
Associate
Hellomoto said:
Fireblade2K4,

You wouldn't happen to have a comparison between your 19" and a 17"?

They don't look that big to be honest :S
I have no way of doing a comparison as I dont own any 17" monitors anymore, if you look through the rest of this thread you will come across some setups that are dual 17's, believe me there is quite a difference in size :D

Stu

Permabanned
How are you finding the monitors?

Am thinking of getting one of those very soon. Didn't realise that they would be that light in colour. I suppose I should get a silver coolermaster case rather than a black one.

Do you have any more pictures?

Associate
These monitors are excellent I have to say, I did spend a lot of time looking round before I bought a TFT and these being my first I am VERY impressed, there is nothing more from a TFT that I would want than these already offer.

The colour you mention is not really a silver, it is more of a off white, same colour as optical drives, keyboards etc....that sort of thing.

I dont have any more pictures at the moment, will take some more later hopefully and upload them, what you looking to see in the pics? I'll see if I can help out.

Stu

Permabanned
If you do an upclose one and a side one that would be cool.

No dead pixels I guess?

I had the 17" and I sold it, but now I want one again and the 19" look's pretty tempting.

Back
Top Bottom